SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophiaeleni_myrat

Help with bedroom decor and furniture?

Sofia Myrat
5 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm very new here. I found this forum after looking everywhere for advice in what to do with my bedroom because at the state it is at is seriously impairing my ability to function and be happy in my own space.

To start with I am a 27 year old woman regregrettably still living with my family due to the state of our country's economy. My room is decently spacious, although in a pretty bad condition. The wall paint is dirty and falling apart and the ceiling paint has also cracked due to somewhat frequent earthquakes. Moreover the walls are not properly aligned and are slanted in all the wrong directions so nothing looks right in its place.

Last but not least, several years ago, while i was still in university and away from home, my parents changed my old furniture into new (mostly from Ikea) but that would be no problem at all if it weren't for the fact that the rest of the furniture don't quite match and that, most importantly, they weren't just so big.

I've recently decluttered my belongings too, from clothes to books, but I still don't have enough space for my art supplies and I have no idea on how to decorate, even though i have an idea about what my ideal space would look like.

Suggestions on how to improve my living situation without changing furniture would be very much appreciated...