SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seabiscuit68

Am I Going Insane?

seabiscuit68
5 years ago

Everywhere I look, I'm seeing quotes for windows ranging from $400 - $1000 for vinyl replacements. I live in MN and have gotten two quotes so far and went in fully expecting those values...instead, I'm getting quotes of between $1800 and $2500.

The first company says the windows range from $2k to $2.5k per window. These are a local company (Lindus Construction) and they use a triple-pane, low-e, argon filled, XL Edge spaced Sunrise variant window. I understand that these stats make it a pretty high end Sunrise...but $2.25k per window??? My windows aren't that strange of sizes. 18 windows and 8 of them are about 24"x62". There are three windows which are two casements + picture window in between, but the rest of them are very small windows.

The second quote is for Soft-Lite Imperius XL which is one of the high end soft-lites (Triple Pane version). He originally quoted me over $62k...$3400 per window. He moved all the way down to $33k ($1800 per window) before I told him I needed to process this and figure out what is going on.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I can't find a single source across the internet with anything near these prices.

What is going on?!?!

Comments (43)