SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof: Cherries!!!!

amylou321
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Yay! Cherries are back in the grocery store. They are a bit early i thought, and $6 a pound, but who cares?!?!?!?! They are just so yummy i cant resist. I am supposed to be eating low carb and therefore fruit is generally off limits but i dont care at the moment. They have such a short season i dont think indulging a little will derail me too much. Better cherries than gravy fries right??? I bought 4 pounds of them and then forgot to get something of substance to eat at work, i was so happy. I like to eat them fresh of course. But i also like to pit them, freeze them and then take the frozen cherries and blend them with cherry juice to make a slushie. i also eat them straight from the freezer. When i was eating more carbs and sugar, i would cook them with a little sugar and cherry juice and eat them over pancakes or waffles.

Anyone share my cherry love? Or any other EXTREMELY seasonal fruit or veggie for that matter?

I planted 2 cherry trees and my sister planted 6,but I don't think they will grow well here,but it's worth a try dang it!

Comments (31)