SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redwardz

3 plant IDs: wildflower and shrubs

redwardz
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

#1: Wildflower with dainty purple flowers. Can anyone tell me what it's called? We are tearing down this retaining wall soon, so this cute little wildflower will have to move.

#2: Rather nondescript shrub. I don't recall ever seeing flowers or berries on it. I think it may have kept its leaves in the winter, but I don't really remember. I am in Georgia, zone 8. It is growing underneath some pine trees where it gets dappled sun most of the day. We want to plant azaleas under the pine trees, and I'm wondering what this guy is and if I should dig it out or not...?

#3: There are 3 plants in this picture, and I'm asking about the one in the center growing on a long stalk with radial clusters of dark green glossy leaves. So, not the azalea in the background, and not the nandinas that snuck themselves under my azalea. We have since dug up the offending nandinas and have given them to neighbors who wanted them. My husband thinks the unidentified plant may be some kind of rhododendron. It's growing in a northwest facing spot where it gets very little sun. Any ideas?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus