Mom asking daughter for money

josephene_gw

My granddaughter 17 lives with her dad (my son). Sees her mom maybe once every 2-3 months. Mom lives about an hour away CA time. Granddaughter took her mom to dinner on mon after mother’s day. Brought gd home and asked gd for gas money.

over the years I have given granddaughter gifts and extra money at Xmas and on BDs only to find her mom took the money from gd.

I see a problem starting here. Mom will be forever asking gd for money.

how can we, her dad and I teach gd to not be so generous with her mom. I know being generous is good but her mom needs to take care of herself.

advive anyone?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
functionthenlook

There is probably nothing you can do. She is still young and probably doesn't want to to cause any ill feeling with her mom since she sees her so infrequently as it is. She will eventually find out mom is a leach.

Save    
josephene_gw

Hope you are right but I know her mom.

still hope.

Save    
sonni1

might change when GD starts to support herself.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Mother's Day Mother-Daughter Duo: Mom Called and She Answered
A big project brought these two together. We ask about how it’s been going since then, and what makes them laugh
Full Story
Housekeeping Get the Family to Pitch In: A Mom’s Advice on Chores
Foster teamwork and a sense of ownership about housekeeping to lighten your load and even boost togetherness
Full Story
Life Show Us Your Mom’s Influence on Your Home
Maybe it’s a great chess set or a style philosophy. With Mother’s Day nearing, where do you see your mom in your space?
Full Story