SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kercove

Bedroom and window layouts - advice needed

kercove
5 years ago

I am finally getting closer to moving forward with a project that has scaled back a number of times over the last 3 years. We will be adding a relatively flat shed dormer to the back of a ranch with a walk-up attic, giving us a ceiling height of 7'6" throughout, except on the very ends where the dormer is stepped in.

I'm second guessing furniture and window layouts, and would love some thoughts on whether the windows on the back of the house should be together or separate, and where you would put furniture. I am not loving the reach-in closet on the left bedroom, but that room would be 2 feet wider than the one of the right if I made a walk-in closet on the left. I like the rooms being slightly different, but not sure the most effective layout.

The red denotes some issues with bringing up the plumbing stack and the kitchen hood...which might make it better to have the windows together in the center of that room.

My son (6) will be in the left bedroom with a bunkbed, and my daughter (4) will be in the right, with a queen bed.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (14)