SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magdalena_kulik

Kitchen layout help and more

Nenegma
5 years ago

After seeing so much great advice here, I decided to give it a shot. I am looking for feedback on my kitchen layout. When my husband and I planned it, we were thinking in terms of work stations, so there is a food storage area (fridge/pantry), dish/wash area (sink and d/w), prep area (counter by range and island), and cook area (range and oven). Essentially, food comes in one end of the u and goes out the other side. Now we are wondering if a work triangle would be better, but we are not sure how to achieve that with the island and window constraints. We expect this to be our forever kitchen so we want maximum efficiency and functionality. Any thoughts or recommendations on the layout?

A few other items for consideration:

- It is not clear from the picture but section A is a mailing/phone/filing station.

- The picture shows Section B as double wall ovens. Since we will have a range (with oven) that will be an oven and microwave.

- We are a family of 6 so we were planning on a 48” fridge (subzero). Could we get away with a smaller fridge?

- We are thinking about not having uppers around the range. Instead, the only uppers would be on either side of the windows (Sections F and L) and would terminate into the walls instead of wrap around. Are there reasons we would not want to do that?

- The range is 36” (planning on bluestar). We are thinking of having a wider hood than what is currently contemplated. Help me think about hood sizing. Our ceilings are over 11 feet tall so I fear if the hood is too narrow, it will look out of proportion. But would a 60” hood (or hood/mantel piece) be too wide over a 36” range and look funny in a different way?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)