SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bec3b1g

Layout help - please help make this more than 1 person kitchen

bec3b1g
11 years ago

Hi All,

We are at the beginning stages of building. The foundation is in and framing starting last Thursday. I need to very quickly figure out my kitchen, especially if it involves moving windows around.

The plan, as I see it, is a single person working kitchen. DH and I enjoy cooking together so we need to fix the layout to accommodate more than 1 cook. I'm open to any suggestions, including doing away with the proposed butler's pantry to make more space or removing the double ovens. I can also give up the full size refrigerator and full size freezer for a standard built-in.

A little about us: we have 4 kids, 3 of whom are teens, and swarm like bees when we are in the kitchen. Usually they have 1 or 2 extra friends over. DH is tall (6'8") and the teens are all over 6'. Cramped spaces will not work for our family. We need room!

Non-negotiables:

*2 dishwashers

*6 burner range

*DH will absolutely not give up island seating.

Here's the kitchen:

After work today, I'll put some ideas down on graph paper. I'm wondering if I move the range to the refrigerator/freezer wall and do away with the double ovens, if that will help the layout. If someone has any ideas, please let me know. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments (17)