SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcommom

Entry Tile Saga Continued...

marcommom
5 years ago

Please see pics below - Getting rid of ugly 1970s white tile and dark grout in small entry and adjoining powder room. Posted here for suggestions, and was advised to either go with matching wood (see below), or a tile that blended with the wood, but to do something to make the entry stand out from the powder room. All great advice, thank you,

So I had decided to stick with tile bc lthough I LOVED the suggestion to use wood, between the snow and ice and mess at the front door despite having a mudroom, and concern that the finishes between the two prior wood installations wouldn't match it led to using tile.

The space is only 90 square feet total. A local flooring place came in with designer and suggested doing an "area rug" inlay of small tile design in the center of the foyer to distinguish it from the powder room and make more of a statement. I liked that idea. Found a tile that I liked although I could change my mind bc I'm not in love with it (I feel like it's boring) and am easily swayed (see pic).

Today I get an email that their installer thinks it would be better to go with the 24x24 to open up the space. So now I'm supposed to determine who is right, their designer or their installer? Losing my mind.

We're having a lousy contractor season - siding, tree removal, this flooring thing, no-shows, unreturned calls, etc.... - makes me want to move back to the rent-controlled apartment I grew up in NYC with a super you just called who managed everything! Thank you for your advice!

Comments (10)