SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eliselm_2000

Need advice on statement-making countertops

Elizabeth Keough
5 years ago

Hi Houzz community,

Hubby & I are embarking on our first major kitchen remodel together and are taking out a kitchen wall to create a large island with seating and induction cooktop in it. We are very excited about the island as the hub of our home. And when we went to the granite yard, we realized that we want to buck the white & marble trend (although we found some blue marbles would be a choice if we weren't such big cooks) and get a unique stone for the island, and possibly use the same stone on the backsplash behind our sink. Our thought is to use a complimentary honed white or black granite on the perimeter countertop and either black or wood toned (walnut is my preference) cabinets on the island, and white cabinets on the perimeter.

It isn't easy to find pictures of kitchens with unique stone countertops but I'm curious to hear from anyone who chose a unique stone. Did you get tired of the pattern? Any design advice if we go unique on the countertops. Three of our stones in the running are below.

Thanks in advance for the voices of experience on this forum--and sorry for the so-so photos.

Comments (55)