SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
singhsaira

Can the Exterior-Architecture be altered somewhat? Help before we buy

Cali Love
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My husband and I have been looking for our Forever home for awhile now. When you don't build your own home, it's hard to find everything you will love as is.

We did find a home that has A LOT of what we desire: School district, location, neighborhood, square footage, style/layout (with some changes to be made) and $$ leftover for some renovations.

What bothers me is the Exterior. I like symmetry and a good looking curb appeal that have French Doors in the center and one that makes a little bit of a grand-ish entrance. (In this home, the entrance door to the home is to the right past the fountain. (It's a lovely home but here is what slightly bothers me).

1. The exterior - I am not very fond of the dome looking roof and how the door to the home is to the right. From the outside, you can barely even notice it. How can I make it look more Modern Meditteranean.
  2. Curb appeal is not there.
  3. Color of the house - I would change it to a creamy white. (Thoughts on how that would look)
  4. Pillars in the kitchen holding recess lights. I would need to take those pillars out.

So these are the issues I'm trying to work through. Any suggestions, thoughts, experience, or pics that can help us make a more informed decision would be greatly appreciated!!! Below are some pics of the house, followed by my inspirations.

Thank You so much!!!

MY Inspirations -

The Audrey Custom Home · More Info

Italian Elegance · More Info

Clark Street Before/After · More Info

Comments (16)