FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
truly16

Azerocare sealer on Countertops - Any experience or feedback

truly16
3 years ago

I found a countertop I love - Corteccia! However, it seems it falls in the marble family or soft quartzite? I'm not really sure what the difference is and it's labeled differently depending where you look. I would never consider marble for a kitchen, but the slabs I'm considering have been treated with Azerocare. I can't find much information or reviews as it's a fairly new thing. I would like to hear feedback on Azerocare and/or Corteccia as a choice before I invest thousands of dollars. Here is the slab... Thank you!

Comments (210)

• ioantigone
    last year

Let me clarify that in my first test with the sample, I only checked after 5 hours. The second time I tested, I checked after 2 hours.

• xpopex
    last year
    last modified: last year

A lot of “unfortunately” in Antolini’s email. There certainly is a lot that is unfortunate about their product. Clearly they will take no responsibility for the product. Blame everyone is the strategy. And shame on you for attempting to smear Paula D! Of course she wants a refund! So do I! you refuse to call and speak with any of us or offer anything but shifting of the blame. What choice do you leave your customers? I suspect that you do not care. I have resisted legal action due to the time and expense it will take, but your attitude and recalcitrance might make me rethink a class action to force you to take some responsibility. That will only enrich lawyers, but it will also expose the truth, which is in short supply in your note.

• Related Discussions

Any experience with RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets-good or bad?

Q

Comments (7)
    Thanks everyone. Well, I found out that J & K cabinets (a large RTA cabinet distributor) had a local dealer not too far from me, (Global Home Products in Beltsville, MD) so I called them and they actually had the size and color vanity I wanted in stock. The price was $199, and assembly was only $10, for an all wood, painted white shaker style vanity. Even the center panel on the doors was solid wood --a true reverse raised panel (almost every RTA cabinet seems to use MDF for the center panel!) The cheapest, similar, special order cabinet from Home Depot or Lowes would have been between $300-400 (American Woodmark or Kraftmaid, etc.) I checked with Barker cabinets and they were quite expensive in comparison. When I got to the dealer, I was surprised to see what a large showroom they had and how busy they were, even on a weekday afternoon. I believe that all their cabinet lines were RTA, and they had very good prices. The display kitchens and vanities looked very nice. The place seemed to be run mainly by Chinese people, ( a little hard to understand their accents, but very nice and helpful) so I imagine they don't have any problems communicating directly with those factories that make their cabinets over in China if they need to! Anyway--I'm glad that I had them put the cabinet together, as when they opened the box there was some minor damage to the face frame part. So they used the face frame off the identical vanity that was on their showroom floor and were able to assemble my vanity. It does look gorgeous--esp. the doors. Even the back is solid plywood with wood bracing. I suppose that makes it more sturdy, but it will be more work for my husband to drill holes for the plumbing. Hope this helps someone else who might be wondering about RTA cabinets.
    ...See More

Any user experience on the Sharp SuperSteam Oven SSC3088AS?

Q

Comments (8)
    I suggest reading the user manuals and comparing the operation and features of the different ovens. Yes the Sharp is about 1/2 the $ of the Miele but my cursory reading of the sharp user manual tells me the amount of control and features of the sharp is quite a bit less than the Miele/Wolf/Gaggenau./Thermador. There seems to be limited cooking modes in the combi steam modes in the sharp. The Sharp also has limited non steam/combi steam modes. The Miele has all the modes of their 30" ovens including broil plus the steam functions. I have the Miele and I love the ability to control amount of steam/temperature/cooking mode. The Sharp is also a small cavity at 1.1 ft3. My combi steam is my favorite of my 3 ovens (30" convection/CSO/Speed) and the CSO would be the oven I would invest the extra $$ in. If you have an opportunity to visit a wolf/Miele/Thermador design center and get a demo - I would strongly suggest that you do so you can see the versatility of a full function CSO.
    ...See More

Do you want to see pix of CRACKED NEOLITH?

Q

Comments (152)
    Hello everyone. We have just had a neolith worktop and sink installed in our kitchen. After using the sink a handful of times a big chip on the edge of the sink broke off - the rest of the edge looks vulnerable to further chipping as it is looking scraggy. Neolith have put the blame on us saying something must have impacted with the edge - it didn't. Wish i had read the above posts before installing. Had it installed partly due to it's purported durability.
    ...See More

SOS! oil-based driveway sealer horror. Any solution?

Q

Comments (43)
    I think alot had to do with my "babysitting it" (to the extreme detriment of my already-existent arthritis). I kept at it with that brush & squeegee you see depicted above. I raked & blowed many tons of leaves from 10am. until about 5pm with no break. Re: your John Deere experience, anything you can do i can do better. Years ago, i decided to polyurethane the hardwood floor of this approx. 10'x9' computer room. I lined up a guy who turned out not to know what the heck he was doing. The first part of my nightmare was that the horrible local Walmart personnel lied to me on the phone by lazily stating they don't have Minwax water-based polyurethane in stock. (Afterward i happened to go there, and saw they actually DID have it!) Anyway, suffice that i then went to a closer store, where they just had Ben-Moore oil-based polyurethane. I then watched as the young punk i'd hired merely turned the can upward & downward prior to opening it, so i asked him "isn't it necessary to mix it with a stick"? And he confidently assured me no, he'd done it before with no problems. (He never bothered reading the instructions). Like a fool i trusted him. Result: My house stank toxically for days & it never dried. I needed to get someone over to scrape it off to the tune of $100. As i said, most hiree's i've had over the years were unsatisfactory, and some were downright horrible. The latest whom i contracted for my rotten windows/etc. - i just found out from the local consumer agency that the guy has known problems, and that nearly 20 complaints were put out on him. They said i should get the ball rolling with a formal complaint, including cancelled check, contract, etc. I did that today.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

"Instead of taking responsibility for defective products, you have now chosen to smear Paula D. I find this to be completely reprehensible."

ioantigone:

I've reread Antolini's post and can't find a "smear" of Paula D. I find Antolini making a measured rebuttal. I admire their strategy and tactics.

Antolini has 1.6 million square feet and you've got a couple anecdotes.

I've posted as to how Cambria and other engineered stone manufacturers sell to whoever has the money to their own detriment. You want to sell as much as possible, but 20% of your fabricators are going to be 80% of your complaints. If I may be so bold as to tell Cambria and Antolini how to defend their brands, it starts by controlling who fabricates your stuff.

DuPont, Corian's manufacturer, learned this thirty years ago. They instituted stringent fabricator requirements, lost half their fabricators, but warranty claims dropped 80%. The guys who stayed made a fortune.

• ioantigone
    last year

Joseph - first of all, my specific complaints were about an unfabricated sample. Second, there are numerous complaints about etching that occurred after fabrication. Third, please explain how a product that is not supposed to etch or stain with acid for 12 hours can become etched during fabrication? I’m open to hearing your opinion, but I don’t believe Triton would have replaced the stone for Paula D of fabrication was to blame. Triton does not have its own fabricators.

• ioantigone
    last year

Rather, Joseph, I do accept that something happened during fabrication, but my point is it shouldn’t have. The coating was defective to begin with. Triton accepted this.

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

I haven't read through all the comments above, but glanced through them. I wanted to give a different perspective. About a year ago we renovated our kitchen. I have four small children who are young enough that they don't do anything in the kitchen yet, but eventually they will, so we were not even considering marble. But every time we went to the stone yards, we gravitated to the look of marble. At one point, we learned about a specific marble called Mont Blanc that we really loved, and were told about Azerocare and our fabricator had slabs treated with Azerocare. It was really new, though. I was nervous and tried to research it because I wondered if it was too good to be true. I couldn't find much in the way of reviews, but I did find some dialogue between people doing research and testing communicating with Antolini themselves and the responsiveness I saw impressed me enough to take a chance. It seemed like they cared about their customers and about the experience people were having. We could not find a bright white counter that had the look we were going for in anything other than marble. And I had heard horror stories about quartz and quartzite with staining and etching, and the look of those didn't really excite us anyway. After we decided on the azerocare mont blanc, I made sure I knew what I should use to clean it - and was told soap and water. When I clarified what that meant with my fabricator, the suggestion for a little bit of Dawn dishsoap mixed with water in a spray bottle was made. I think this might be a safe solution for most stones, but it ended up being BAD for azerocare treated marble. I thought I was doing such a good job spraying down all my counters and keeping them so clean with my dawn solution. Long story short, my main prep counter (to the left of the sink in photos attached) started really etching and staining a lot despite my efforts to keep it so clean. Little did I know that I was damaging the finish each time I used the dawn solution. After about 6 months, I reached out to Antolini and discovered that Dawn has really harsh things in it and I shouldn't have been using it because it was damaging the stone and finish. Antolini was extremely pleasant, professional and responsive each time I communicated with them, and sent me several amazing products from Italy to try to help nourish the counter and fix the problems. They actually did improve the appearance for a few hours. But like dry skin, after the lotion absorbs and dries out, the problem came back again. I am pleased and grateful to say that Antolini and my fabricator took responsibility for the misinformation I was given about how to care for my stone and replaced the prep counter to the left of my sink at no cost to me. The product was new, and the care guide had not been provided to me, but now I have it. I can understand how with a new product, things like this hadn't been worked out yet but I appreciated that both the fabricator and Antolini both understood that I was the customer with a damaged counter due to this and took care of it for me. Now I want to say that despite using the dawn solution a little on the rest of my counters, they still look wonderful. Of course I stopped immediately once I learned it was bad to use the dawn solution, but hopefully I haven't damaged them too badly. I am careful with the other counters, but there are no issues with them yet - maybe one or two small marks. So I'm not sure I would be quick to say Azerocare doesn't work or is too good to be true. Not dismissing other's experiences, but I wonder if things happen between them arriving from Italy and getting into the customers home. I don't mind being careful with my counters because the look is well worth it to me. I'm nervous about the new slab I have to to the left of my sink now, but I plan to use only the Antolini cleaner on it and be super careful. If you don't want to be careful, marble certainly isn't the right choice. But I am choosing to still hold out hope that the Azerocare does what it's supposed to do because my other counters do still look great over one year later.

• ioantigone
    last year

Gretchen, your countertops are beautiful! I’m glad your issues were resolved!! It’s comforting to hear that.

• xpopex
    last year

It would be nice if the product designed to protect marble actually protected it. Instead, we always hear how the consumer has done something wrong or the fabricator failed. The truth is that the AzeroCare product is poor and etching is the common result for customers. Your story is 100% the same as others in that regard. I am glad that they took care of at least one customer, so thanks for sharing. There are lots of us that they just ignore. If you have to be just as careful, despite the AzeroCare treatment, as you do with untreated stone, I think people can save a lot of money by not getting slabs treated with AzeroCare. What are you really getting except headaches and excuses? The stone is beautiful, not the treatment.

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

I wanted to reply to you on this thread as well, xpopex, because, while I see your point, in my experience it WASN'T that much more expensive. I guess it's hard to say because I didn't price out any other marble, but I had a certain budget from my contractor for the countertops, and this was only $700 more than that budget. We were thrilled to pay $700 more for the "look" we were going for. I am probably just as careful, but my understanding is that without the azerocare, even if we were as careful as we're being now, I would have etching and staining all over all of my counters by now from various accidental spills even though we had cleaned them up right away or within a few minutes. Instead, I have nearly perfect counters over a year later, now that they replaced the one part I damaged.

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

@Steady Saber - I posted just above before I had read through ALL the comments here. Now that I have read through them all, wondering how your stone is holding up? We just installed last March and it's done quite well except for the prep counter to the left of the sink but I was cleaning that incorrectly with dawn mixed with water. So I think I ruined the finish. Anyway, Antolini and my fabricator just replaced that section of countertop for me which I was very grateful for. I plan to be careful going forward, but just wonder if you could provide an update. Thank you! The beauty of marble is worth the sacrifice of needing to be careful to me!

• xpopex
    last year

Antolini has failed to do anything, and the countertops are a disaster. When delivered there were already areas that clearly did not have the same coating as others and within a week scratches and etching started appearing In the coated area. It’s very bad, and Antolini knows about it. They refused to do anything about it, and the decorators here in town have stopped recommending the product, as their client have all had the same issue, and neither the stone company nor AntolinI will do anything, other than making VERY clear that their product does NOT come with a guarantee. That’s what Antolini makes clear after the fact. They stand behind it zero percent, unless they feel like doing something. The stone is beautiful, not the coating. The coating is worse than no coating, as the scratches will never come off. Ruined my new kitchen, and they have no shame in continuing to deny everything.

• PRO
    Window Designs
    last year

I agree

• ioantigone
    last year

So when we priced our kitchen, Azerocare Carrara was $2000 more than regular Carrara. Our kitchen is on the larger side but not huge. We would have needed 2 slabs but would have had a lot of waste.

• J C
    last year

@Gretchen Madden - what do you use to clean your azerocare marble now?

• xpopex
    last year

Mild soap and water, but it does not matter, as it ruins so quickly that you get scratches and places where the coating has disappeared no matter what you do. Do not buy this product. It’s likely worse than nothing, as you have etching that will ruin the look anyway.

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

@J C - Antolini sent me a cleaner literally FROM Italy when I first engaged them about my problems and told them I had been cleaning the counter for 6 months with Dawn dish soap mixed with water. I think it was called C107 Day? I love it - it smells wonderful. I couldn't find it on amazon or anywhere, really. I asked my fabricator to please start carrying it as I mentioned I love the smell and I'm petrified to use anything else now. I ran out recently while waiting for the shipment to the counter manufacturer (Classic Granite and Marble in Jessup, MD) and they just called me yesterday to say it finally came in. In the mean time, I added water to the C107 day bottle and have just been using water in that to tide me over. Let me find the attachment they sent me when describing what kind of cleaners are ok, though. I'll attach it. I recall in email dialogue he said that by soap and water, they were intending on people using soap like you would use on your baby, NOT soap like Dawn dish soap that is strong enough/meant for cutting grease. So I did consider using my kids Honest baby wash mixed with water. Will post again in a minute with that attachment or maybe just copy and paste what it said. FYI - my "new" section of counter is still perfect! And yes, I'm careful. :-)

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

• vinmarks
    last year

So azerocare is suppose to hold up to stains and acids but a little bit of dawn in water to clean the counters is going to ruin the finish? Sounds like nonsense to me.

• Gretchen Madden
    last year

@vinmarks - it's supposed to allow you more time to clean up stains and acids before etching occurs, not bathe your marble in dawn with water every day which is what I was doing. :-)

• xpopex
    last year

Blame the customer, even whenever they follow your instructions. That’s the Antolini way....and lucky you, now you need a specialty cleaner made in Italy because you need to be super-delicate with the extra expensive treatment. It’s supposed to make things better, not worse. The whole thing is a sham. Don’t’ buy it! Plain marble is less trouble and less cost.

• HU-157543320
    last year

Well, my Bianco Gioia AZerocare marble is 10 days in.... $14,120.00 later.... they said a large kitchen...doesn’t seem large. I was warned and warned ...marble is awful to maintain...etching, staining, and discoloration. I am 71 yrs old....walked on marble in Italy, saw marble churches, love the grace and elegence, God made stone from God Made mountain and ...I wanted marble. being in the outdoors never hurt it. They said Azerocare Antolini marble will be even better and will be amazing...worth the money.... 10 days installed, just my 71 yr old husband and myself, eat out a lot.... several places with etching, not even sure I ever touched those places...surely I did...even a circle under the pepper mill. I have laid my cheek in the coolness and cried, but it ok.... I wanted marble and I love it and I will love it till I am gone...then it will still be here. Disappointed in the promise or lie as many on the blog have said...I just love it and will be ok with the blemishes.... I have them too.

• xpopex
    last year

That’s all you can do - learn to live with it. No one will ever fix it, and they will blame you for ruining it, even when you follow their instructions. Marble without this coating would be better. Such a sham. For anyone considering it — do not buy this product. It is worse than nothing.

• Marble Guy
    last year

Check out MORE AntiEtch - it can fix the issues with any slabs that previously had failed protection on it. A technician will come and prepare the surface by grinding to remove current etch marks and damage. They will then apply the AntiEtch material that no acidic substance can penetrate. A true 10 year warranty against etching and staining.

• spcNgtr
    last year

Marbe Guy, I priced MORE when I was looking at Marble and the installer I spoke to qouted me about 50% of the cost of the marble? I think it was $35 or $40 a sq ft. did you have MORE applied...does that price point seem appropriate?

• jszek
    10 months ago

Our Azerocare countertops are almost 2 years old. We have some etching and scratches. We have been extremely careful from day one with these countertops, using cutting boards and plastic mats whenever we work on the countertops. We had the countertops sealed with a standard sealer a few months ago - and that appears to have had no effect on protecting the countertop from new etching. However, this is not really a workable situation - these are in the kitchen and working in the kitchen is messy. What are others doing with the countertops? Have you had them sealed - and if so - with what? What about having them honed - then you can work with them and each scratch and etch becomes part of the beauty of the counter. I'd love to hear what others have done, other than replacing them with another project. thanks Joy

• PRO
    Window Designs
    10 months ago

That’s exactly what I thought and suggested honing to my client. She declined.

• xpopex
    10 months ago

I am sorry to hear it. I hope someone has a solution. As this thread makes clear, Azerocare is a failed product that the company does not stand behind. They will blame you for causing the problem. It’s incredible. we are thinking about having our countertops resurfaced and then sealed we’ll let you know. Spread the word about Azerocare - don’t buy it!

• spcNgtr
    10 months ago

I disagree that it’s a failed product. It’s 1 of 2 products on the market that will help prevent etching. Please know that it voids the Warranty if you apply another sealant. We ordered the Antolini maintenance kit to clean and maintain the marble. If you want to add a product to protect against etching there is only one other product that is guaranteed to prevent etching but it is outrageously expensive. It was not much less than the cost per sq ft of the marble from the quote I obtained prior to finding Antolini Marble. Here is the link to that product. https://www.moresurfacecare.com/pages/more-antietch-anti-etch

• spcNgtr
    10 months ago

For context we have 2 teenage boys and aren’t very careful. We’ve spilled lemon, vinegar and ketchup. We even accidentally spilled some dishwasher rinse agent that was left on the marble overnight. At first we had a dark spot but over the next week or so the spot disappeared and there was no etching. We took a sample of the stone and left wine, ketchup and Vinegar on the stone. We started at and hour and went up to 10 hours before there was any etching.

• xpopex
    10 months ago

I am glad yours works. Mine etched almost immediately, despite more gentle handling than you are describing and cleaning with diluted soap and water only (as advised). it is totally ruined. Looks like we bought the same stone actually!

• spcNgtr
    10 months ago

I’m sorry to hear that. The distributor shared that they actually apply the Azerocare. I wonder if that’s why you didn’t have the same results.

• xpopex
    10 months ago

Not sure about that. Azerocare has been very clear in their materials and on this thread that all the treatment is done in Italy with a proprietary, patented process. It just happens to not work, and they will try to blame everyone but themselves. ZERO responsibility has been taken by the company. Just don’t buy the product. it is expensive, does not work, and if you believe Antolini, must be handled with EVEN MORE care than untreated marble. What is the treatment even for if that’s the case? Such a waste of money and a tragic ruining and etching of gorgeous marble.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 months ago

"The distributor shared that they actually apply the Azerocare."

That's news to me. The guy at Antolini's trade show booth told me Antolini only lets a select few employees into the plant where they do the treatment as they're terrified of getting ripped off.

• spcNgtr
    10 months ago

Hmmm. I wonder what the truth is. I know it’s working for me...I wonder why others are having problems.

• Alyssa Gruska
    8 months ago

Would anyone feel comfortable sharing the cost per sq ft/linear ft for the Azerocare? Or what the difference in price is for regular marble v Azerocare?

• xpopex
    8 months ago

Regular marble is worth more. Save your money. Read this whole thread. You are better off without Azerocare.

• routerguy1
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

Alyssa, I can tell you that we went through a very tough time trying to decide. We had our hearts set on a beautiful calacutta gold and were having trouble finding slabs nearby treated with Azerocare. We were able to find some that were decent that were already treated and they were honestly about the same price in some cases a bit less. The trick is finding the one that you really want. We found some that had the look that we wanted but they were very far away. Those were typically around $40/sq ft more but then you have the logistics of getting it delivered from far away. We also looked at some ceramics and quartz but they are honestly just nowhere near as pretty. Ultimately we just chose the calacutta gold that we loved and we had tuffskins applied to it. I can honestly say was the best decision. We've had no problems with ours. It's been almost two years and they are still gorgeous. I don't think twice about spills or having anything on our counters. Good luck!

• ioantigone
    8 months ago

Routerguy1, how much was tuffskin?

• routerguy1
    8 months ago

@iontigone it was around $1700 for product and installation (probably just north of $20/sf). I guess sorta pricey but was def cheaper than trying to find an avail slab that we liked with azerocare .. also at the time there seemed to be a lot of back and forth as to how well the azerocare worked. That was 2 years ago maybe that's all been worked out now. With this you don't have to worry though as it's an impenetrable barrier. You do have to be cautious not to drag heavy or sharp things across the countertop or you could potentially scratch it. But really the same precaution you'd have anyway. If you have your heart set on marble you def can do it! Here's a picture of our countertops (not the best lighting since it's nighttime) but it has held up very well for two years of abuse.

• xpopex
    8 months ago

Sounds like a much better solution than Azerocare. if you read this chain, you will see that nothing has changed with Azerocare. The product has not worked over and over, and they have taken no responsibility for it. Glad to see that there is something else available.

• Terry Gore
    8 months ago

Not sure about everyone else, but wish xpopex would stop the constant bashing. Thank you for your opinion, but you don't need to continually say the same thing over and over. I get it, you have a bad experience, but enough with the redundant responses. I personally thought the response from the Azerocare team was professional and I WILL be purchasing the product because I believe it is better than nothing. Are there some stories where something bad happened, sure - but you will get that on ANY product, whether it's a car, computer, or any other consumer device.

• HU-350334386
    8 months ago

I don’t think that there is any bashing going on by xpopex or anyone else. I do think that there has been an honest sharing of a personal experience. I wish I had found more honesty when I was researching the Azerocare product originally. I could have saved myself money, time, stress, and mental anguish. Countertops are a big investment. Better to know what to expect going in. I could have been the exception to the rule, but I wasn’t - maybe you will be. I hope that your outcome is different and satisfactory. It’s disappointing to have such high expectations for a product to crash and burn in your own kitchen. Hopefully, your slabs will turn out perfectly. Mine, however did not.

• HU-350334386
    8 months ago

While I’m here, I’ll provide an update on our Antolini Azerocare Carrara countertops. I’m Paula Doss from Little Rock - the Triton Stone Group customer with the Azerocare Carrara that did not turn out as advertised. I shared our experiences here about seven months ago. That post was written out of frustration and a desire to be heard.

I have read the responses on this thread with interest - from nodding my head in agreement with some, to being glad that others didn’t share our outcome. The response from Antolini to my original post made me angry and my blood pressure shot up sky-high, but I chose not to respond. Until today. I have not reread the Antolini post today - I don’t need to, I remember with complete clairity what it said and it still makes me mad just thinking about it, To the “pro” from Antolini who called me several names and insinuated that my behavior was “unethical,” - shame on you. You know nothing about me or my behavior. You were reading words on a post and insinuating into them what you wish. You did not see the Azerocare Carrara slabs that sat in my kitchen for almost a year. You are part of a company promoting a product that does not consistently do what it is advertised to do. If it were, I would have no story to tell. I have no control over how your company’s products perform. I can assure you that nothing happened in my kitchen to harm our Azerocare Carrara marble in any way. Not even a smidge. The issues are with Azerocare and not any purchaser. Perhaps a customer gets lucky from time to time and buys a slab or two with no issues. Good for them. I wish that had been my own outcome, but it was not. So kindly allow me to have the experience that was mine, and the reaction to match it. A few years ago, my family bought a camper. One entire side of that camper delaminated as we were driving down the interstate. The camper dealership didn’t blame us, or say that we were unethical, or that we mistreated their camper. They did what any company should do - they replaced their faulty product without argument. Do I not have that same right for countertops that do not do in my kitchen what they were advertised to do? Antolini can sell whatever they like and advertise it however they like, but they should also be prepared to accept that consumers may not all have the same experience, and we should not be blamed and shamed for that.

It has been almost a year since the installation of the Azerocare Carrara marble in our kitchen. Those three slabs are now in our garage, leaning against the wall. Perhaps we will use them in an outdoor kitchen where the flaking and glitter won’t matter because there would be little outdoor food prep, or maybe they will just stay in the garage, as a reminder to me to be cautious, and to do more research than I think is necessary.

Our Antolini Azerocare Carrara slabs came from Triton Stone Group, in Little Rock, AR. The Vice President of Triton Stone Group, Rachel Jones, headquartered in New Orleans, graciously and generously decided to replace our Azerocare countertops at no cost to us. That still just blows me away! Our fabricator also did their part free of charge. Rachel kindly allowed me to select whatever I wanted from our Triton Stone Group showroom here in Little Rock. Rachel went above and beyond to make certain that we were happy with our purchase and product. In October 2020, I selected just plain old Carrara marble. The slabs were installed last week and they are quite something to see, they are beautiful! Etches on marble slabs here and there are just part of every day use - but the flaking and glittery stuff was not. I guess I’d say it’s like the story of The Velveteen Rabbit - when we love and use something, sometimes it gets torn and tattered. I’m certainly not expecting our Carrara to become torn and tattered, but I do expect it to be used and loved. With that use, there will be etches, and maybe even some chips along the way, but that’s ok. I’m willing to live with that to be able to have these beautiful slabs in our kitchen. If you are planning on new countertops, visit your local Triton Stone Group. They were amazing to work with and I am so pleased and thankful. Rachel listened to my concerns and heard my disappointment, and she understood. I felt like I had wasted thousands of dollars on something that didn’t work right. Let me add, that originally, Rachel and I discussed a way to “fix” the Azerocare, some way to salvage it. Was there a product that could be applied? Could the countertops be sanded? Was there something that we could do to stop the flaking off of the glittery powder? We would have done anything to try to save our slabs and were happy to let them be used as a test case. Rachel researched and consulted experts and in the end she decided that replacement was the answer for us. I was grieved with the outcome of the Azerocare. I wanted the advertisements about Azerocare to be true, they just weren’t true for me. Carrara is a beautiful marble and we are delighted to have these three beautiful slabs in our home. Thank you to Rachel and Triton Stone Group for everything that you did for us.

• PRO
    Window Designs
    8 months ago

That flaking snd glittering is exactly what my client experienced. Such a shame. A total sham.

• xpopex
    8 months ago

i am not trying to bash. Just to warn. Antolini can fix this problem if they want to. They simply have chosen to pretend it doesn’t exist, and for that they will receive my justifiable scorn. I really hope the best for all of you. It’s a huge investment, and the company that has made the promises should stand behind them. That’s not a “me” issue.

• spcNgtr
    8 months ago

Alyssa I don’t recall exactly but I think the cost was lower than some others. We had budgeted for $45sq ft and we didn’t pay a premium for the Azerocare.

• spcNgtr
    8 months ago

One other thing to share…

A bottle of dishwasher rinse aid leaked on the marble over night leaving a large dark spot. We were very upset but as it died over the following week, it completely disappeared and left no etching.

• Suzanne Halley
    last month

We installed Azerocare Covelano marble, 4 slabs, for the cost of 24,000$ Cdn$. Like written in other comments, we take great care of it; we always use cutting boards, wipes the counter continuously, etc. After only 6 months we see etching on the counter like thousand of knife blade marks, circles from the bottom of a glass that we have no idea how it has happened and we can see some flaking. I wish I have seen all your comments before buying this Azerocare marble, it is becoming a nightmare. I intend to contact the company that sold us the product to see what can be done but my hopes are not very high.