SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane2516

Need advice on invasive parking issue

Jane
6 years ago

A small landscaping company has been parking their trailer in front of my property for more than a year. This is illegal, but both the authorities and my email contacts have been ineffective at getting them to park the trailer off street. Their trailer is ugly, made of chip board under a metal skeleton, it’s big, and it’s full of trash everyday. It is sometimes gone during weekdays, but is there most of the rest of the time.

I am considering listing my property and am concerned that this will devalue it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get this trashy trailer away from my property?

I can park a vehicle where they normally park their trailer, but I am concerned about vandalism, and they may choose to park the trailer closer to my entry (directly in front of my home) if I do that. Still, I can try, but I would like more ideas if you have them. Thanks.

There is no HOA (which is part of the appeal of the property in this case). The county has rules which cover this situation, and those rules are being violated.

Comments (24)