SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

Today 5/5/18

Lisa Adams
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I just thought I’d post a few pictures of what things are looking like today. Today was warm, too warm for me. The temperature was about 90F, and the humidity at 23% with some wind. I was bitten by mosquitoes for the first time this year, last evening as I sat on the patio. Things are heating up, and we only received a third of our “normal” rainfall this year. Lisa

‘Baronne Prevost’ has been blooming nicely for the past several weeks, and is still producing new clusters of buds. I think I’m going to prune back that naked cane, unless someone can why tell me it should stay. I gave her pretty hard pruning in January because we needed access to the area. That particular cane wasn’t in the way, so I left it longer than the others. It hasn’t even grown a single new leaf! I didn’t expect that on a young plant. (3 years old, tops.) It’s painfully obvious which leaves are from last year, and what is new foliage. I did remove that leaflet, after taking the picture.

When I decided to take pictures, the evening light was perfect. I’m such a slow poke, that’s no longer so. I won’t post as many as I originally intended to, but I’ll add more tomorrow. I like having pictures/posts like these to look back on, so I can compare bloom dates, quantity of bloom, and temperatures.

‘Flamingo Gardens Tea’ finally has its clematis partner opening up. The wanning light makes clematis ‘Mdm Julia Correvon’ appear far more true red, than I like in this picture. She’s really a wine colored clematis.

It was getting pretty dark out, but I stubbornly carried on. ‘Hommage a Soupert et Notting’ is blooming for the first time here. It’s such a pretty rose, and I’m surprised it’s blooming as much as it is, after being cut back so much for transport from Cliff’s.

‘White Pet’ is really blooming and budding. It’s actually easier to see all the buds in this darkness:)

‘Alnwick Rose ‘ ought to wait until this “mini heatwave” ends, before opening too many blooms. They’re lovely, but so fleeting in the heat.

So dark out, I’m being borderline ridiculous, but this is the last one I’ll post of this evenings pictures. ‘Mme Alfred Carriere’ is draping her lovely self over the fence. There are SO many young buds on the other side(front yard), it’s going to be a wonderful sight!

I’ll take more pictures tomorrow, when there’s enough light! Lisa:)

Comments (13)