SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_101437

Need kitchen advice - new appliances and counters

mariagrazia
6 years ago

Hello! I have lurked here for a while and enjoy everyone’s projects and am amazed at the knowledge and helpfulness from everyone. Now we are planning to make changes to our kitchen and I need your advice.

This started when we decided to get a new oven with a proof option because my husband often bakes bread. Then a new cooktop sounded like a good idea, and a new downdraft to go with it. So, of course, we have to get new counter tops for the cooktop to sit on! My husband does not want to paint or replace the cabinets. We are not doing this to sell the house. We’d like to make it the way we like it. We know what we like when we see it, but are not creative enough to imagine it. That’s why we are asking for advice.

The current cabinets, Subzero refrigerator, sink, and faucet will stay. The dishwasher is a Miele which is working fine, but it would be nice to have a new quieter dishwasher and get all the ‘remodeling’ done at the same time. An oven with a French door or side opening door is appealing, but not required.

We have seen the Wolf appliances and like them. We’ve also seen Thermador and liked those, but I don’t have model numbers. I am open to other brands and models, and want quality that won’t break. The appliances don’t all have to be the same brand.

These are the models we are considering:

Wolf SO30TE/S/TH oven

Wolf CG304T/S cooktop

Best Cattura down draft (1st choice) with exterior motor.

Wolf DD30 down draft (2nd choice)

I need a lot of advice on the counters. We like the Cambria marble collection. We don’t like a lot of movement or large pattern in the counter, but do like small veining. We don’t know whether light/white or dark/black would go better with the oak cabinets, but we are leaning toward the light/white counters.

We’ve seen these:

Cambria Swanbridge

Silestone Eternal Statuario

Silestone Iconic Black

I would like a ‘window sill’ or ‘shelf’ made from the counter material across the bottom of all 4 of the windows behind the sink, like a wide window sill. But don’t know what is possible or how to describe what I want. The sink/faucet is pretty close to the window directly behind it.

I am attaching current photos of the kitchen.

Thank you for your advice!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/mg999999/IMG_0996_zpssgslxeqi.jpg

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/mg999999/IMG_0988_zpsbxmvv25y.jpg?1525547129078&1525547129468

Comment