SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sh_ow

Help with paint in our new kitchen

sh
6 years ago

So we had an unexpected kitchen remodel necessitated by a water leak that destroyed our lower cabinets. Here's a photo of the old kitchen for reference:

The new kitchen has Ikea Bodbyn in grey for the lowers and Bodbyn offwhite for the uppers. We used White Tourmaline granite for the countertops, which turned out to be a lot greener installed in our home than it was in the stone yard. Despite the shade difference we love the granite- now we're trying to figure out what to do with the floor. It's not in the budget to replace the flooring (tile over concrete slab) at the moment, and it definitely looks out of place with the new countertops and cabinets....here's the kitchen and flooring at the moment:

As you can see, we still have to pick a paint color...we'll be painting the all next to fridge but not the soffits (I think!). The soffits are actually the same color as the cabinets right now, despite how it looks in the photo.

We have Agreeable Grey in the rest of our downstairs areas; our kitchen/living room are open concept so I was thinking of taking the Agreeable Grey all the way into the kitchen...but will that be too much grey? We have also been looking at Valspar Warm Putty, but it feels like it will match the floors too much and be too warm.

Which way should we go: ignore the floors and continue with Agreeable Grey or do something warmer like Warm Putty to try and pull floors and kitchen together. I'm almost at the point of throwing my arms up and pretending the floors don't exist!

Comments (4)