SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Got some planters planted today, plus couple of pics just before storm

Esther-B, Zone 7a
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I decided that today's 92 degree day was "the day" to finally transplant my sprouting Silver Threads & Golden Needles and Dinky Donna to their new rectangular terracotta planter. I placed it on a couple of stone slabs atop the soil within my raised rose bed. I figured the roses could provide a bit of shade for these babies. Aren't they cute?

And then, just before a sky-blackening storm broke, I snapped a picture of my Remember Me to capture that beautiful banana yellow it has only in early spring.

Coconut Custard is just at that point of perfection you only see in the spring, before excessive sun takes its toll on the loveliness.

Finally, I snapped a picture of the rapidly unfurling little minis in my 18" ceramic pot, Cracker Crumbs, Pure Heart, and little Cameo. You may see some droplets of water on some plants. It was hilarious--the sun was out, it was a beautiful if smoking hot day, and 4 neighbors in a row were all out, including me, hose in hand, watering their respective gardens. Ten minutes later, the sky darkened quite rapidly and everyone stowed their hoses and ran for cover!

Comments (11)