SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some Pictures Before The Violet Storms Passing Thru

newyorkrita
11 years ago

Well, the power is back on after being off most of the afternoon. It started to get dark just as I was coming here at Gardenweb to post, I had to shut down due to the storms that quickly came up.

I feel so bad for those of you that need rain. We had torrential rains much of the afternoon as one storm after another blew over. Still raining and the violent thundershower watch is on till ten PM. I have never seen anything like the storm that blew thru earlier. The winds must have been hurricane force, I am wondering if a tornado came thru.

Two massive trees accross the street went down. We lost power most of the afternoon but it is back now. Violent Thundershower Watch on till ten PM here as the storms keep passing thru.

I fear that someone was hurt in the tree going down in the park as Police, Ambulance and Fire were all going in and out of the parking lot right after the tree went down.

You should see my yard, it is a mess. My poor tomato plants that I am so proud of were flattened down to the tops of their cages. They used to be lots taller.

What I am really surprised about is that the daylilies are fine. Yes, todays blooms schredded but scapes are all good.

Here are my tomatoes I picked this morning while it was sunny. Left to right. WHOPPER, EARLY GIRL, another WHOPPER, PATIO and 2 FOURTH OF JULY with a quarter so you can see size scale. The 4TH OF JULYs are just small tomatoes, I doubt that they will be back next year. If I am going to have small tomatoes then I would rather have cherry and grape types. I want more size than they have on the regular types.

I have been having the grape and cherry tomatoes, some Patio and a fair amount of 4TH Of July to eat already but The EARLY GIRLS are just comming on now and that is my first fruit off the Whoppers.

Now to the daylilies. So here are the pictures of some late bloomers I took and was going to post before all this crazy weather. It is still raining now.

SELLSTATION FRIENDSHIP, one of my Dale Thomas late bloomers.

SELLSTATION CAMPFIRE, another Thomas late.

AUGUST SUNSET a Kendig intro is also a late bloomer.

EXIT STRATAGY, one of my Hibard lates.

GOODBYE COLUMBUS usually blooms mid August, not mid July.

Comments (17)