SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Just a couple for today, 9/14

Julia WV (6b)
12 years ago

For the first time today, I forgot to put the CF card in the camera. Here I am clicking away, come inside to load the pics and duh, no card. I now realize my settings allowed for the CF card not to be inserted and the camera would still allow pics to be taken.

DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU opened today. What a large bloom. I give it credit for showing itself on such a cool morning. As you can see, lots of scapes and buds but I doubt I'll get to see them all open in the garden. Maybe I'll have to cut the scapes and put them in a vase in the mudroom :-(.

{{gwi:965271}}

WESTBOURNE HARD TIMES - somehow it seems to open better later in the season.

{{gwi:965273}}

AZTEC GOLD - blooming on another scape. I noticed that part of the sepals appear to have a green streak on it.

{{gwi:965274}}

and of course, one more pic of COTTAGE CANDY.

{{gwi:965276}}

Going down into the 40's (or so the weatherperson says) over the next couple of nights.

I think all the new scapes I'm getting are coming from all the rain we've had over the last couple of weeks. GEECHEE SUNSET sent up another scape along with several others. VICTORIAN LACE which I thought was dead in the spring,sent up a couple of fans, and is trying to bloom now. I was going to use that space when I thought it was dead for another plant but waited. Good thing I did.

I've never had so many this late in the season. I'll not complain but enjoy!

Julia

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022