SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debtex

Layout help for reno kitchen

debtex
6 years ago

Got a call last night that our second home/VRBO house flooded and it's likely that we are doing the kitchen sooner than we thought. Just coming to grips with what all needs to be done, but I know the kitchen is going to take some forethought, and you guys have been so helpful in the past! Here's my challenge (and yours if you choose to weigh in!

- The house rents to up to 10 people, so you get a lot of bodies in there. I would never want all that empty space in the kitchen of my home, but in the rental it's awesome.

- Whatever we install will be abused (renters), so we are not looking for The Best.

- Photo is taken from the dining room table, which runs basically across the opening you see in the picture. We can't expand the footprint - it's about 12' x 12'. Can't move windows. I can't reach anything but the lower shelf in that upper cabinet, it's all really high.

- Corner sink is no bueno, would love to move it, probably to under that 8' run of windows.

- Very open to moving stove if layout requires it. (It's gas).

- Not sure about these 2' deep side walls...but would probably like to see them half-walls or gone completely.

- Currently there isn't a pantry, nor is there anyplace on that floor for a broom. Yes, you read that correctly. It's THE WORST.

- A real vent hood would be fantastic. (Above the kitchen is a sleeping loft, not the attic.)

- Would choose all drawers over all these doors. Because you all trained me well.

I am grateful for any and all advice, as I think this will be a very quick-decision process!

Comments (11)