SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Want to recycle old 5/8" garden hose as a soaker hose

I bought a new premium rubber hose as my general purpose hose because the old green hose (promising it would never kink) kinked in one place and never could be straightened out perfectly.

I have been using a recycled rubber soaker hose to water my garden, but even with a pressure regulator and only turning the hose spigot on about a quarter turn, I had several leaks develop with the rubber soaker hose which created geysers. I want to use my tiniest drill bit and make holes in the old green garden hose about every 2" on the bottom and then cut it up in similar sections to my soaker hose. My garden is quite level except for one end which dips slightly. Where would I look for tee connectors, end caps, and other soaker parts like this which would work with my garden hose? And, where could I find reducing tees to make a few "detours" from the garden hose up into some container gardens I have? I did not find the rings of soaker hose sufficiently watered the containers. Would taking some black tubing and piercing it with a large needle every couple of inches work? Thanks for any direction here.

Comments (3)