SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

Cinco de Mayo date

6 years ago

I'm having several people over for Cinco de Mayo, all day and brunch the next morning.

There will be between 12-14 guests plus myself.

Half are vegetarians, none are vegans (the vegetarians like eggs and cheese). One of the omnivores is lactose intolerant. Another omnivore has to limit nightshades. Another omnivore has to limit legumes. I'm not certain, but there may be a gluten free person here and there...

Lunch will be easy: make your own sandwiches or lettuce wraps with a variety of ingredients to keep everyone happy.

I need a mid-afternoon cake or cookie that people can eat with their hands, and that I can cook the day before. Not too sweet, and without tree nuts (I can't do tree nuts and this is the one item that is something we all have to share.)

Pre-dinner, I'll have a variety of snacks, both from Trader Joe's and elsewhere. Not worried.

Dinner: with the Tex Mex theme, I am planning a vegetarian chili and a fajita bar with marinated tempeh and marinated skirt steak, with a lot of veggies that the nightshade avoiding guest can skip. Soft corn tortilla shells. Need to consider a dessert... no to chirros.

The next morning's brunch worked out well last year. Uttapam pancakes and scrambled eggs, with an option of toast. And lots of coffee or tea. Will do the same this year. It will be fine to reprise this.

a

Comments (13)