SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Coffee Country rose (own root from Antique Rose Emporium)

I liked the story and philosophy behind the breeder of this rose and wanted to show my support by buying a Viraraghavan bred rose. Of course I was also drawn to the complex and unique coloring. Coffee Country was bred by M.S. Viraraghavan and mine is own root from Antique Rose Emporium. Here’s the HMF page for more info...https://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.1247

It is new, so I don’t have a lot of personal experience on rebloom or habit yet, but I can tell you that the coloring and pattern are complex and very intriguing. Like Koko Loco, but it has more complexity (more pink, purple, lilac, yellow, tan and veining patterns) and for me, quite a bit more fragrance. To me, the fragrance is like a combination of stargazer lilies and suntan oil. It smells of a wonderful summer.

Here’s my first baby bloom opening. It didn’t fry although we had 2 days over 100 in my yard. Didn’t blow open. It was gracefully opening over the 2 data. I will update as time goes on.

To me, it really is very fragrant, even in the dry heat we have had lately. I garden organically and with permaculture, so please excuse the aphids! Notice the little larvae of some sort feasting on them in one of the photos. They will be gone soon. :-)

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!