SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abigail_ebejer

Open plan: Colour Scheme

Aby
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone :) I would like some advice with regards to the colour scheme of my open plan, which is on the smaller side. Side note, I like colour but not too much of it.

Currently there are: very light beige walls, medium dark brown furniture with gold hardware, a gold mirror, striped light beige (a little darker than the walls) and cream curtains (Picture) and a subtle blue sofa with silver legs (Picture), matching the hardware in the kitchen, but mostly because it was impossible to find gold legs.

The vision I have for the rest of the living room area consists of: A cream and beige rug (perhaps in a Moroccan style?) which will basically touch the curtain so not sure what sort of design I should go for, coral (or pale pink? Cause I think coral is a more difficult colour to find things in), cream and gold cushions, a decor item with both gold and silver to combine both metals and a painting combining the blue and coral/pink. What about the rest of the decor items? Cause I feel that I shouldn't do much blue since the sofa is a big piece and coral/pink is too bright to have a lot of it.

As for the kitchen part, I was thinking of using the same colours. But would it look weird to also use pastel blue? Can I use other shades of blue or just pastel? I feel that lighter colours go better in the kitchen.

Thank you :)

Comments (7)