SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krystal_gianotsos

KitchenAid Dual Fuel Burner Issues - KSDB900ESS

Krystal Gianotsos
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi folks,

We completely remodeled our kitchen a little over a year ago and decided to outfit the entire kitchen with KitchenAid appliances. From the start, we had issues with the burners on our dual fuel range KSDB900ESS which has been converted to LP. When using the convection bake feature the two right burners lose air when you open the oven door, go out completely and/or re-ignite and produce yellow flame &soot. The burners perform normally when the oven is not in use. We have now had over 14 service calls with Whirlpool Factory Service, they replaced just about every part on the range, then agreed to do a buy back from us due to this problem being a safety issue, and we received a replacement range about a week ago. The replacement range does the exact same thing as the first, but has a new model number KSDB900ESS2. Needless to say, we're extremely frustrated with Whirlpool and I've spent over 40 hours of my PTO trying to get the range fixed. I've attached a YouTube video that demonstrates the problem that I'm having. Has anyone else experienced this before? Any suggestions? We're at a loss for what to do next, other than continue to put up a fight with Whirlpool/KitchenAid.

Video: KitchenAid Dual Fuel KSDB900ESS Burner Issues LP

Comment (1)