SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesli_neubauer

CLIMBING ROSES, IN THE GROUND OR IN A POT?

We finally fenced in our half acre yard. I live in a tiny south Texas town, and free roaming dogs/cats/ and fighting roosters have become a problem. So dear husband has put up our fence. He is more practical than worrying over silly things like attractiveness, lol. He put up a cattle panel fence. I don't really mind as he says he'll dress up the front how ever I want. I was planning to plant climbers like white Lady Banks, New Dawn and CL. Pinkie, Lamarque, pioneer spirit, Madame Alfred Carrier, cl Sombreuil, climbing Cecile Brunner, climbing souvinir de la malmaison, Madam Wagram, Arborose Jasmine, Graham Thomas. I already have all these roses and have them in large pots right now. Some pots are larger than others. I feel like they would all do much better and get larger and healthier in the ground, but we have gophers that have destroyed so many roses in the past. I have planted some things in "gopher baskets" purchased from Amazon, but some things especially roses, I am just too timid to plant in my sandy loam. What do you all recommend. I have one climbing pinkie in the ground in a rectangle tub with half inch holes drilled all over the sides and bottom. Its doing well, but I fear that it may some day suffer because of that too (become too large). Please share your suggestions.

Comments (8)