SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allie818

HELP! Awkward placement of kitchen stove vent into exposed beam roof

allie818
6 years ago

We are changing the venting for our stove to reclaim some space in the bathroom (room directly behind kitchen; it currently goes into the wall and out through the bathroom). I'd like the vent to go straight up into the exposed beam roof. This seemed like an easy choice until we looked closer and noticed we have a 3 inch beam sticking out in the path of our ideal stove vent path. Our contractor suggested we could add dry wall the whole wall to fill in the 3 inches (i.e. losing 3 inches in the kitchen) so we could avoid the beam. Are there other possible options? Would it look strange just to have the section with the stove dry-walled and sticking out?

Pictures are of our gutted kitchen from a couple of sides so you can see the beam. We are putting in an L-shaped kitchen with island, not too unlike my "inspiration image" (also included)

THANK YOU all for any and all suggestions. I have been stressing about this for a few days and can't move on with our kitchen remodel, in case we need to completely change the kitchen layout.

Comments (6)