SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_godwin100

I just need to be pointed in the right direction with this bathroom

Cindy Godwin
6 years ago

This is my master bath that opens into the bedroom. I've been going around and around with several ideas on how to make this a more relaxing, spacious area. I plan to DIY everything along with the help of my hubby and need some help. I have finally decided to refinish the current vanity instead of purchasing a new one at this time and keep the same layout. The color scheme will be light blue walls and white fixtures.

Here are my concerns:

I'd love to open up that little tub/toilet area, but you can see that electrical is running through all the way to the edge of the wall...is it even worth it to cut out a couple inches? The shower plumbing is in that wall as well.

I'm also considering hanging a large barn door (with frosted glass) over the opening in to the bedroom that will slide over to that wall. This will give the bathroom more "privacy", but I'm not sure if that would be appealing to future homeowners, keeping resale in mind.

The tub! Oh that tub/shower combo... I'm going to have to replace this, no doubt! I'm considering a tub/wall combo instead of retiling the walls only because I'm DIYing this project and honestly I want it to get done. Do you think I'm on track with this? Also, will I be able to get a new tub into this small room with that little doorway? You can see in the bottom photo, the tub and toilet take up that whole space.

Thanks for all your input!

Comments (4)