SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisalie

I need my bathroom back - Design help needed!

lisalie
6 years ago

This small 5x10 bathroom had way too many walls and doors and not enough light. I have removed the dividing wall between the vanity and toilet/tub area, removed the tub, toilet and tile. Due to a small water leak, we had to remove much of the cement board and sheet rock around the tub and am now down to bare studs. A blank slate. I want to put a walk in shower where the tub was. The only plumbing I need to relocate is the shower head . I think it should be on the same side as the toilet, entrance to shower on the drain side. The only natural light comes from the narrow fixed window above the tub (new shower). It has been in this naked state for months now, I like the idea of a dark floor that continues into the shower floor and light walls, but am afraid it will make it look too small. I need fresh ideas. Regarding the 2 remaining doors, one leads to a bedroom/study, the other to a short hallway. I think a pocket door or two would help with the "battle of the doors". Curb less or small curb? Shower doors or partial enclosure? This bathroom is used by my 17 year old son and occasional house guest .I found a quite a few photos of rooms with similar layouts and a look I like, and have attached just one. Any ideas, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need this bathroom functional again and looking at the gazillion gorgeous bathrooms on Houzz just makes my head spin with indecision..

help please!

bath remodel · More Info

Comments (10)