SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kvetchlambkin

Is my pinguicula going downhill?

Home
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to growing carnivorous plants and have a pinguicula that I purchased last fall. It originally came in a container mix of peat and small chunks of tan rocks(?). I'm guessing they look like calcined clay? I've never used turface so I'm not sure if they were turface fines.

The leaves were open and flat and had caught a few fungus gnats the first couple months. But now they look like this :(

It's a pinguicula lauena. I've tried holding back on water which slowed down its growth a lot but it still stayed nice and green. I've gone back to watering it but now its lower/outer leaves look thinner and are starting to drying out. I repotted it last week in a mix of peat, perlite, grit. It had a small amount of fine roots. The roots had some peat on them and I didn't want to rip the roots so I didn't really see the color of them.

I really like this one and got lucky getting 2 stuck together in one order. Anyone have any ideas of what my pinguicula is trying to tell me? Thanks for helping me and my pinguicula!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner