It's been two months

eflores0227

My boyfriend died January 19, 2018. He struggled with addiction. We were long distance and the day he died, I got a call from his brother. I still have the voicemail because I was at work when he called. I still have dreams he's back and read old text messages. I can't get myself to listen to all the voicemails he would leave for me but I like knowing they're there. I got a new job and moved away from home, I'm living on my own for the first time in awhile. We had a pact that whichever one of us got a "real" job first, the other one would move to be with the other.
I have a lot of what if questions and know I'll never get answers. During one of his severely depressed days, he told me if I ever died, he would probably kill himself. I know it's dumb and too soon but I was thinking about what if I was in another relationship later. I would feel like a terrible person if I did date someone else even next year. He was so committed to me I feel like a bad person for even considering a relationship at some point in the far future. I'm 25. I don't know life just kind of sucks right now.
But I also have good things going like getting a good job.
I have my good and bad days and I think today is one of those really bad and sad days when I miss him so much.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JoAnn_Fla

So sorry for your loss. I just don't know what you are asking right now. As far as dating, take your time, you will know when you're ready. He wouldn't want you to be alone. All people grieve differently. I was with my husband 40 yrs, I still grieve I don't think that will ever end.

Save    
imacamper

Sorry to hear of the loss of your boyfriend. My husband of 35 years passed away on Feb. 5, 2018. The grieving is a total roller coaster. The only advice can give you is to enjoy the memories and the good days, but be prepared for the sad depressive days. They come without warning...a smell, a taste something that suddenly triggers your mind and you are filled with sadness. I hope you find happiness in the future.

Save    
Najeebah

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's not dumb at all, nor too soon. It's normal to think about the future, now, as it's changed from what was expected.
Choosing to have other relationships after you mourn him is alright. Choosing not to is alright too.
It feels now like it would be hard, in the future, to move on. But take your time getting to that point, you'll be fine.
Best wishes

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life A Month-by-Month Guide to ‘Downton Abbey’ Withdrawal
Missing Lady Grantham’s zingers? Edith’s furrowed brow? Romance simmering downstairs? Here’s help to get you through until season 6
Full Story
Shop Houzz This Month’s Bestselling Bar Stools
By Houzz
See the month’s top choices in counter seating
See Products
Houzz Tours Two Homes, Two Tributes to Dad
Father-son relationships shape the design of cherished family homes
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More