SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Here I am, finially!

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I was going crazy not being able to get on the forum and hardly get the computer to work at all. So my regular computer guy is on some sort of extended (its been two months already) out of town job and I couldn't wait anymore. I had to resort to looking in the yellow pages to get someone to come out and fix my computer. Couldn't really be "fixed" as such, the hard drive had to be replaced with a new one and then things had to be installed from scratch. Like Micrsoft Word is reinstalled my all my old files on it are gone. All my old e-mail files and my address book gone too. All my pictures that were on my computer gone, gone, gone. Fortunatly I always uploaded the ones I really liked to PhotoBucket so I could put them on the forums.

But I am not going to be doing new pics anytime soon. I don't even have the software on the computer to download pictures. I will have to go to the Kodak Website and re-install it.

I did try Kays suggestion of PC Tools anti virus and while it cleaned out literally over 1,600 threats and virus all the redirects stayed and the computer was slower than molasses until it frooze up. Then there was nothing to do but to turn it off.

I really, really missed being abel to come here. I felt like I was cut off from the world!

Comments (16)