SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Why does every Greige turn peachy on my walls?

numbersjunkie
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm just finishing a master bath remodel, and plan to replace all second floor doors, have new carpet installed, and paint all the rooms. The carpet is ordered - Karastan Regal Air in Candle.

Our bedroom furniture is Scandinavian style in Rosewood.

I wanted something neutral that would blend with the new carpet, bathroom (soft gray tile), and allow the dark furniture to pop. I was hoping to find something that could be used in all of the bedrooms (empty nester's) as well as the hall which is open to below.

I have tried many paint chips and samples of several popular colors - BM: Revere Pewter, Balboa Mist, SW: Agreeable Gray, Realist Beige. I have applied the samples on a wall that is white primer or antique white original builder color. They all seem to show a tint of purplish or peachy/flesh tones that make me want to gag.

Three other walls are currently painted SW Favorite Tan (old paint color) which looks green in my space. I would never think it was a Tan if not for the color name. Not sure if that offers any clues.

The one I liked the best is BM Balboa Mist and I painted a fairly large area to the right of the new white door casing. Near the floor, it looks good, but as you go up the wall, it seems to turn fleshy in tone. The existing carpet is a very light beige/cream. The room faces south and gets a fair amount of light.

I can't just keep getting samples, especially if I have no idea where I am going wrong. Any suggestions?

Comments (2)