SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perennialfan275

Tell me about all of the "easy" house plants you've killed

perennialfan275
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've tried to grow so many house plants over the years and FAILED with almost all of them. Currently I have a jade plant and some type of dracaena (can't remember which kind) that are barely hanging on and I'm sure it's only a matter of time until they bite the dust like everything else. I've also killed a moon valley friendship plant, fittonia, cryptanthus bivittatus, jewel orchid, aglaia odorata, etc (ALL of these plants I was told were "very easy" to grow). I know it's pointless to cry over spilt milk, but it's really hard to put this out of my mind. All I can think about is the money, blood, sweat and tears I've put into these plants, only to keep failing over and over again. I've tried to replicate Al's gritty mix once, but I don't think it turned out the way it was supposed to. And I'm having a really hard time watering. I feel like every time I do it I end up making a mess unless I drag the plants over to the laundry room sink. I'd love to get some cuttings of these things and start over, but I feel like I'm doomed to fail again like so many times before.

Comments (13)