SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkbraun

Best Gas Boiler for your home?

jkbraun
6 years ago

I've been trying to wrap my head around the various options and I put a post up a few weeks ago that many of you commented on. I think I decided I am going to go with separate boiler and hot water heater and relocate it from the laundry room to the garage (as opposed to a combi wall mounted unit). I have 1900-2000 sq feet in NY so I believe I would need approximately 95-100K BTU with baseboard heating. National Grid is currently offering a rebate of $275 for a hot water boiler with > 85% AFUE and $300 for Indirect water heater attached to hot water boiler with 85% AFUE or $600 for a condensing High efficiency boiler (>90% AFUE).

With all of that said, if it was your home what boiler would you install? I'm looking for the most reliable and easy to fix (I wouldn't want to be in the Northeast without heat for a few days) not necessarily the MOST efficient. I currently have a Peerless Oil Burner that is about 25 years old so natural gas and a new unit will make a huge difference anyway. Thank you!!

Comments (18)