SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chadsheffield54

Stair landing help

Chad Sheffield
6 years ago

im redoing old carpeted stairs and ripped up all the treads and risers. I’m doing the risers in 3/4 oak plywood painted white and have some pre fab 1” oak treads from Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/11-1-2-x...D00L/202088436. 1)Are these good treads or should I consider real solid oak because these appear not, however are they better for warping compared to real solid oak treads? My other Qs is about my landing , I was wanting to use something 1” also to keep the same step heights and I have steps coming in on both sides of landing. 2) what material should I use for landing? I was thinking about using the same treads on the sides and then cutting off the bullnose on the other prefab treads so I could butt them together on the landing. If I do that do I need to edge glue them or bisquit them together? Would that look right Or is there a way better way? Or could I get away with staining oak plywood for the landing and glueing on bullnose for both sides? Thanks for the help and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments (3)