SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caitlin_combs

Water Globes Worth It? (Yellow Leaf Tips on Pothos)

C Combs
6 years ago

Bear with me, I'm a complete novice.

My year old pothos plant has had a rough couple of months. I had to move in the dead of winter, which meant it was exposed to below freezing temperatures for about 30 minutes during transport, and then I re-potted it a few weeks later because I knew it needed it badly and during that, I discovered it was basically root bound. I opened up the root ball and cleared out as much of the soil as I could. Soaked it until it drained, per internet articles. Straightened out its vines, as they are extensive (ranging from 2-3-4 feet long).

However, I am now getting a few leaves near the base with yellow tips, and I do have one vine I'm concerned about that doesn't seem to be recovering/growing additional leaves like the others.

I'm concerned about two things: the water globe I'm using and the possibility of root rot. I have a very small green thumb; pothos plants are really the only thing I can keep alive, and that's likely because they seem to thrive off not being cared for properly, haha. However, there is clearly something going on here that I'd like to fix.

Do water globes work well for pothos, or am I better off going back to my usual water when I realize I haven't watered it in two weeks (my ex-husband was the one to do all the watering for the last year)? Is there a possibility it has root rot and I will need to repot it?

Pictures attached are of the entire plant, two of the worst yellowing leaves that are likely to fall off (the other two yellowing tips are just the tips), and of the vine I'm concerned about.

Thanks for your advice.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!