SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmlinca

Please help me decide on a color to paint my house!

jmlinca
6 years ago

Missing from these house pictures is the vinyl fence we had installed around the perimeter of our backyard. It looks great, but now our house (already in need of a paint job) looks dingy in color next to the stark white. We will be painting it soon and I would love to hear other's thoughts and ideas. I love traditional colonials and am thinking of painting the trim white and even painting (gasp!) the brick the same color as the rest of the house. I like the black shutters and cannot decide on a door color, though I like the idea of a pretty blue. I am also drawn to light grey. We should probably keep the color light, as the back of the house & yard receive a lot of sun. Siding on most of our house is painted red cedar shakes. I welcome any and all opinions though! This is the time of year when everyone is starting to paint their houses again in New England and I am loving seeing the changes!

Also, thinking about doing an addition over the breezeway and garage, but I haven't yet run across any exterior pictures of the aesthetics with a one car garage like this. If anyone can point me to some pictures they've seen that would be fantastic! Thanks!!

(**our house color & trim looks white in the pictures, but it is really a creamy ivory or even a very pale yellow-not a true white--it is very obvious with our new white fence!)

Comments (2)