SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

Bright white plates for large family dinners

EvaElizabeth
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Do you have a set of plates you use for large gatherings?

I have always had the least chipping and breakage with white porcelain dishes, but over the last few years I've purchased from a few different places so they're slightly different shades of white and they are the same size but not exactly the same shape. I would like to have 18-24 bright white, decent quality, porcelain dinner and dessert plates. We do a lot of buffet style dinners with all of the cousins. I would like bowls and salad plates that match for every day, but I don't need as many. It would be nice to be able to buy more later if I want to. Most of what I come across in the under $5 range is sort of off white. I read that how bright white the dishes are can be directly related to how expensive they are, so is that not a realistic budget? I also found a couple of catering and buffet sets online but it's so hard to tell if they're bright white, and I don't know how reliable the brands are and if i'll be able to replace broken pieces 2 years from now. Should I stick with one of the "big names" or does anyone have a recommendation?

Comments (14)