SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinagaines

Year-Long Exterior Home Hatred

Christina H
6 years ago

So we have lived in our home for a little over a year now, and have done some pretty amazing projects to it since day 1 of closing. We have diy-ed the bathroom, living room, kitchen and back patio, but one thing we are completely stuck on is the front exterior of the house. When we first bought it, I envisioned painting the whole thing: brick, trim, garage,and even adding shutters. As much as we would still love to do so, I think our bank account halts us every time we bring it up again. I am not one to be scared of a project, especially painting, so my mind tells me to go to Lowe’s and rent a spray gun and get to it ourselves, but I just not sure that is something we should brave, or suck it up years down the road and get it done professionally. With keeping the brick how it is, and the brown roof, what would be some options for painting trim and siding, painting garage door, flower box under the kitchen window, shutters and if so what color? Could I pull of black shutters or no way? What color to paint the garage door? About the only thing I love is the front door. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Comments (44)