SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
altiptoentx

Questions on repotting and discoloration/growth? on small lemons.

altiptoentx
6 years ago

I am about ready to do a long overdue repotting of my citrus. I November I received great information from the members here on my timing, which was not ideal but tolerable and my soil choice which was lacking, During my search for the proper medium the weather dictated that they come inside. and that along with family and near and dear tragedies brought about a period of neglect. Even so about February most of them put out a flush of blooms and some fruit began to form. And due to the neglect began to loose the blooms leaves and fruit. This and the warming of temps moved me to return them to outside give them a dose of CitrusGain 8-3-9 and more consistent watering. With this and the rains the stopped dropping leaves and color improved.(Sorry for the long history). Also now the Lisbon has began a new sprouting of leaves and blooms. The Meyers have began to bud small blooms as well. I have repti-bark ordered and arriving possible mid week. I should then be able to get a proper medium to repot them. My question has to due to the new fruit, blooms, and leaves is this the best time for the Lisbon. the Meyers lost the most leaves and are just showing small buds so I intend to repot them. But would like to know if it would be detrimental to the Lisbon. I guess I am hesitant because other that the 2-3 lemons which fell off the first and second year I received it during the last 3 years it has not produced even blooms, just leaves limbs, and thorns. lol BTW the Lisbon is in a clay pot for the past three years and has some chalky residue about the bottom. Also two of the developing lemons have something on them that I have not seen before. Thanks for any advice to inform or assist

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner