SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hockeyrcks9901

Floor Plan Review

hockeyrcks9901
6 years ago

Hello,

My wife and I are getting started in designing our floor plans for our home. We're looking for something in the 2,500-2,700 sqft range with 4 bedrooms, an office/study, and a 3 car garage. We're building in west central Florida so no basements, we also do not want a second floor. The house will have a screened pool in the back as well where these just show a lanai.

The first floor plan we'd likely change the "Game Room" into a fourth bedroom. The bath would act as a pool bath as well and be re-arranged to provide access from the pool. We'd also likely shrink the "Study" as we just don't need that much space for my wife's office but may keep it for symmetry.

Similarly in floor plan 2 we'd likely change the "Family Room" into a fourth bedroom. The kitchen island seems to far out into the living space as well.

This our first venture into designing/building a house so we welcome any suggestions. Also, feel free to recommend other floor plans if you know of something that is similar in "feel". We're looking for something that has the open feel to the kitchen and living space with an office that has to have doors that lock.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville