SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6868130

Max height to place Miele built in coffee maker?

HU-6868130
6 years ago

I am planning a kitchen and really want a plumbed Miele coffee maker. There is only one place it can go. The height is my concern. We will have a counter with a cooktop centered on it, flanked on one side by a 48” integrated fridge and on the opposite side by a 24” wide cabinet. At counter height we will have a 24” combo convection steam oven. Nice easy to use height, when needed will have a larger oven under the cooktop. Our cabinets above the counter start at 24”’s, a nice height to hopefully allow the backsplash to shine. Our designer says we should mount the coffee maker directly above the oven, starting at 5’ and ending at 6’-6”’s so that bottom of the coffee maker and the bottom of the cabinets line up. She does not want us to lower the oven and coffee maker for this reason. I agree this will look best. I have just never seen a coffee maker so high. I would rather not lower the oven 6”’s as, apart from the look, would be nice not to lose any pantry space below. I know that above oven microwaves are mounted at about 18”s above the range so they end about 6”s lower than our coffee maker would. I am 6’ so it is not a concern for me to use it but I don’t want it to look clownish or be inaccessable to most people.

Basically, any view on whether 24”’s above the counter is too high to put this thing? Many thanks for views.

Comments (15)