SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldnfan

Built-in Coffee Maker Installation Idea

gldnfan
15 years ago

I just thought I would share how we installed our built-in Miele coffee maker. Because of our layout I was really unhappy with the requirement of a 24 inch depth cabinet for the coffeemaker. I did not like having that large a span of deep full length cabinet - the coffee maker is right beside the wall oven to take advantage of the warming drawer for keeping mugs warm - in our particular layout.

We tried many ideas and none seemed feasible. The answer came when the cabinet maker made a major goof and in an effort to fix it came up with the perfect solution for my coffee maker. He suggested recessing it into the wall - garage on the other side so a 6 inch wall - so that we could have a 12 inch depth cabinet that rests on the counter leaving 12 inches of counter in front.

I always thought it was a negative that the built-in does not allow for any counter space to set mugs if you are serving multiple people. I love the solution. I feel more comfortable with the coffee maker and associated very hot water set back a bit and the counter space in front is really functional. I can easily reach the warming drawer for mugs and set them down after filling.

We will be putting a custom cabinet in the finished garage behind the maker and I can imagine this being a possible solution for other people.

I never even thought of it and figured someone else might gain from the information.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor