SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Crock Pot Lid Woes

6 years ago

Recently a squirrel got into our house and apparently was living in the basement for several days. While he was an unwanted guest he managed to knock my large crock pot lid off the top shelf and onto the cement floor where it shattered into a million pieces.

Finally today I remembered to look online to see about purchasing a new lid. I went to crockpot.com and saw they had 2 sizes of round lids. An online chat help box popped up so I used it to ask if they could tell me what size my crock pot is without me actually having to count the cups of water it takes to fill it.

I gave the agent the model # and she (took forever) eventually told me that unfortunately they no longer sold a separate lid for it but I should feel free to look at their products on the website.

I had just read a review on there of a woman who thanked them for helping her find a lid for her 20 year old crock pot. I'm not sure how old this one is but it's definitely not 20 years.

Anyhow, I'm seriously questioning how much different a round crock pot lid could be over time? The 2 they had on their website look just like the one I had and I would've just ordered one if I knew how many quarts I have. I will eventually measure it by water but my husband currently is installing a new bathroom and has the water shut off.

A replacement lid is $10. A new crock pot would easily be twice that. I just hate throwing out a perfectly good one just because I don't have a lid. I was a bit put off that the agent suggested I look at their product line, when obviously they have been able to help others.

I'm torn at buying a lid and taking my chances or just getting a new one. What would you do? And I should add, this is my largest crock - I have 1 other and an instant pot. I usually just use this for parties or holidays if I have a lot of food to cook or keep warm.

Comments (20)