SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
powen19

Update VA divorce- yes he's screwed BUT..

Iloveto Cook
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a quick update. My son has gotten a lawyer, which isn't too much help, because like she said, the court is going to favor his wife. But hopefully the lawyer can keep the damage to a minimum. He will have to pay spousal support for at least a year, plus child support, daycare and health insurance. It came out today that she has been having an online affair with another man for the past 6 months, and the man has been sending her money, but by VA law it's not infidelity.

Sooo... I offered (again) to pay for a DNA test. My son says he knows there' a strong possibility that she' another man's child, but he doesn't care, that's his daughter. So that's good enough for me. I've never cared about biology, I just couldn't stand the thought of my son being used for a fool. Which he was, but but as long as he knows and is ok with that part of it, that's good enough for me. We will not be doing a grandparents DNA test. I've been able to detach now. I will pray for him and our granddaughter, and I will hope that the financial devastation can be kept to a minimum, but it's not my circus anymore. He will learn from this ordeal. It's an expensive, heartbreking lesson to learn, but it is his to learn. She got him good..

Comment

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio