SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francis1111

Why wont he stay with me if he loves me

francis1111
13 years ago

Ive been with my now husband about a year now, we got married a few months ago. We met at my 2nd fulltime job, he was my transport boss. He 43, im 28. Really the sweetest man in the world. After a bad day at work he and i decided to go out to dinner, and well when we left out to the car we kissed, and both had strong feelings. He holds my face, kisses my forhead and says, i promise ill never hurt you. And yes, thats all ive ever wanted to hear, and he meant it. then anyways. After we r seeing each other he stays at my home a few days a week, a few months later he tells me that he still loves w his x wife. but nothings going on. he never loved her, hes just there for the kids and hes afraid she will take them away. Then a month later we discover hes got cancer, and that really hurt to hear, but hes takin treatments. dr says its fixable. Then in november we rented a house together and he was with me 6 days a week. still seeing his kids here n there. There was a job change that took him away from home 6 days a week then.. and he left me a few times and always came back, and said i did nothing wrong. i never had to ask for attention, i could always say how i felt. now that hes stoped working from being sick. he no longer lives with me, he stays at the x wifes house, i hardly see him, im not allowed to call or text. ohh did i mention no one in his family knows we r married, mine knows but dont live here. My kids go to school w his kids, and i ask they never say anything. but im asking them to lie. hes real secretive about me, says he loves and needs me, but cant loose his kids and if the x family ever finds out he will. Its wearing me down. i get introuble for calling and texting. i can not go there. i know his x, we talk but i never say anything about him. his kids r sweet. but now i find myself crying all the time, he always cancels our meeting, and says he real busy and cant schedual. but he will for everyone else, why not me. i do trust him and dont believe hes cheating, i donno whats wrong. i let him in my heart, and do trust him. hes so sick, maby its the meds talkking i dont kno. im very sad and confused. my heart hurts. i cant eat or sleep. im slacking in school cuz i cant concentrate. i need him, what do i do?

Comments (39)

• sweeby
    13 years ago

Are you 100% sure he's actually divorced from wife #1?
    100% sure meaning you've seen the papers or other legal documents, not that he's said so...

And I'm terribly sorry, but any marriage one spouse won't acknowledge is, IMO, unlikely to endure...

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Him being sick, i cant say he cant see his kids, but if he "moves out" the x will go crazy and snatch kids. Hes hanging by a thread with health and he has not told his children. Im very very hurt, and if i say anything he says he dont have time for bs, cant we just get along and laugh and enjoy each other. Its my fault for ever letting someone that deep into my soul. i was raped by my babysitters husband 3 months ago, and my hubby was out of town working, he came back, i kicked those people out. now i cant work, i got 4 kids and a 9$ an hour job, i cant afford a sitter to even go to work, state is out of funding for assistance. no family here. the only family that ever gave me the time a day was my dad n he died from cancer 3 years ago.my husband made me feel so beautiful and confident, but then i dont know what happened. i always do everything he asks no matter what it is, no matter how tired i am. im a good woman, never cheat, never even think of it. i use to just get the attention, now i feel like i have to beg for it. he cant answer my calls cuz the x is there or kids. oh and sometimes his kids watch min, the big ones, they think we r working but we just really spend that time together. he says he need to move slow. im in school working my way to being a nurse. he makes out like when im dont with that he wil tell them all. but i dont think i can hang that long. u cant let these things slide and b ok when clearly isnt. i got no job, live on school loans w 4 kids. i dont know anyone here, i got no one to talk to. i lie to everyone who asks abt him, i hate that.

• Related Discussions

My betta fish will not eat he just stays at the top of the water!

Q

Comments (7)
    chels19, don't listen to some idiot who advises you to callously flush your fish away. It seems you're doing something right with your betta. In fact, I recently purchased some Blackwater Extract for my betta. It will discolor the water (dosage is 1/2 tsp. to 2 gallons of water) but it contains peat that lowers the pH and adds vitamins. Please check your water's pH, and for nitrates and nitrites, hardness, etc. Take a sample to your nearest pet store, they should be able to test your water and make proper recommendations. I'm glad your betta is doing better. TammyPie
    ...See More

Divorced me & now he wants me back

Q

Comments (9)
    Do you have children? If so, in what age bracket? As you ponder all of this, if you have children, you must consider the impact of this decision for yourself AND your children, both now, and in the years ahead before they are on their own. Spend some time on the step family forum. In fact, I would read it in its entirety some evening. Because if you decide to move on (and who could blame you) if you have children, and he remarries someone else, who may or may not have children themselves, you must look at the bigger picture as a new spouse would now be involved in parenting and raising your children. This person may or may not have values that are similar to your own. Their presence will have an impact on your kids lives (if you have kids). It may be easier having him present as you get kids through their teenage years, if you are a parent. Tough stuff, indeed. So I imagine that you need to take this all into consideration and you ponder what you should do now. I wish you the best.
    ...See More

My ex told me he is still in love with me.

Q

Comments (18)
    If she hadn't actually married husband # two, that advice wouldn't be quite so putrid. But she did. And now she owes him honorable treatment. Well, she owed him that anyway, but the standard for what constitutes honorable treatment is higher when you're married. Yes, it's important to have a 'spark' in a relationship. But there's far more to a successful marriage than passion in the bedroom. Ex already proved that he's not successful relationship material, and the fact that he would come crawling around to possibly destroy Ex-wife's marriage all for his own selfish sexual conquest proves that he still doesn't have what it takes to make a marriage work. And if OP, knowing all that, decides to have a fling with Ex, then she doesn't deserve the good man she's got. I hope you do a lot more growing up before you get married Aaron.
    ...See More

My dad - I know he'll never change but he brings me down

Q

Comments (9)
    Thank you all for your suggestions. azzalea, I do many of the repairs. I am more handy then most men and can do a lot of things except electical and appliance work. In the past month I've hung a new door on our coat closet then painted it and put in a new knob, which meant moving the striker and redrilling the striker hole in the jamb. I've also removed our handrail on the stairs going to 2nd floor because the original builder didnt' sink the screws into studs, just the lath and plaster, and after 50+ years the handrail was hanging by a thread. I patched the holes, sanded them down and painted, found the studs, moved the brackets & re-hung the handrail. I also patched the plaster in the downstairs bathroom ceiling when the upstair toilet overflowed & leaked through, then sealed and painted it. So construction type work doesn't scare me. I grew up in the 60's and 70's who while Dad was taking my brother to job sites with him, it would never have occurred to him to take me or teach me anything. What I know I've learned through "osmosis." I did replace the light switch in the bathroom but the problem isn't in the switch - and I am not qualifed to tear into the walls for the wiring or the service box. And the lamp is far, far away from any water. We have a 6' counter, with sink at one end, and the lamp is on the other end. And at 75, my dad can run rings around most 50 year olds. Through exercise, eating right & right living, he's never taken and Rx, never had a major illness, and is more physically fit than I am. He retired because he and his partner just finished a 15 acre development, and his partner ran for a state-level polical office and won. Dad decided rather than do it all himself on the next develoment since his partner would be tied up most of the time, he'd just end the partnership. I give it 6 months - he'll be buying more land and doing another development on his own. My dad can't sit still for 5 mintues. You are all right - my dad is who he is and I will never change that. He is not the way I want him to be and that will not change. I need to let it go - and let go of letting what he thinks of me bother me. What is hard is that I call every Thursday night and have for the past 25 years. My dad answers EVERY TIME (in his world, women don't answer the phone). Before I can talk to my mom, I have to hear him groan and moan about how awful the world is for about 15 minutes. He grew up dirt poor and has become wildly successful by any measure - wealth, status, friends, etc. Yet he still complains to me every week about how the world isn't a fit place for my sons to grow up in. I bite my tounge every week and every time they visit or I visit them (2x a month). I tell myself, it's only 24 visits a year and 52 phone calls a year. What bothers me the most is that if my brother, who also lives in my town, calls and wants Dad to do something on his house, my Dad drops everything to do it. He has helped my brother finish his basement, install sheetrock in his garage, build an arbor and porch swing, and finish the "bonus room" over hisgarage. He says it's because my brother's house is new (new build develoment house - about 10 years old) and it's easier to work on a newer house. My brother fits my dad's expectation of what a Man should be - he works in a factory, rides a motorcycle, is the "ruler of his household," etc and his wife is the traditional wife. They don't have kids.
    ...See More
  • amyfiddler
    13 years ago

Please look into his story. First thing I thought was, this guy is married still to his first wife.

you've been put in a horrible position by this man.

PS - does your husband know you were raped? did you report it to police? Have you gotten psychological help for it? Why do you not have a job?

You cannot go on like this - you're being manipulated big time.

• suzieque
    13 years ago

francis - - - I simply don't understand why you're believing anything. I'm sitting here saying "you've got to be kidding me". I'm incredulous that you say he's living in his ex's house (and I'm positive that he's not divorced) and that she will take the kids away if he leaves the house. Huh? Absolutely nothing that you wrote makes sense. Read it youself and see if it makes sense to you. You're supposedly married to a man, but he lives with his (supposed) ex-wife and family, tells you he just wants to have fun (um, sounds like YOU were the affair, even if you don't realize it), his kids go to school with your kids and you know the other wife, etc.

C'mon.

By the way, is Francis your name? Usually, for a woman is spelled FrancEs and for a man it's FrancIs. My mother taught me to remember it by 'her' (using an E) for a woman and "him" (using an I for a man). Where are you from?

• asolo
    13 years ago

"We met at my 2nd fulltime job..."

"...now i cant work, i got 4 kids and a 9$ an hour job..."

"...i got no job..."

"...i cant afford a sitter to even go to work..."

"...im in school working my way to being a nurse..."

Bizarre.

• nancylouise5me
    13 years ago

Well to answer your question from the title of your post...he doesn't love you. No man that loves his "wife" would live with another woman and treat his "wife" the way he treats you. You don't really have a marriage. He has made his choice and it isn't you. You need to cut your losses and get out. NancyLouise

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

i was working 2 fulltime jons and my sitter family moved in with me, he was out of state working. sitters husband raped me, yes i turned it in and yes i called police, went to hosp and all that. the people tell me it could take years and its my word against his, and i cant stand thinking abt it everyday, i wouldnt make it. and well she watched my kids as i worked and i cleaned house bought and cooked all the food for rent. then i got no sitter cux i had to kick them out of course, lost my both my jobs cause people were wanting more than i made for daycare and daycare center was abt 1000 a week with my 80-90 hrs of work. so i had to stop work, lost my house. but all this time and b 4 this my hubby lived with me, it was only after he stopped work about a month ago that he started living with them, he did get me an apartment, paid the rent n all. i started goin to school online so i could get a better job and eventually afford daycare. today we just find out the heart attach his mom had shes not gona make it. his kids house is being lost, and ya thats happeneing to everyone. said to me today hes not trying to hurt me like everyone else in my life is, so i bettter think abt that b 4 i try and throw things at him, yes he knows abt the rape... he came home as fast as he could a few days later.. sent my kids to his kids house and took me to nevada for a week. cause ya i was falling apart. and twards end of stay was when we got married. but he worked out of state, home like a day a week w me. and now hes just so sick, heart issues to boot. i mean am i selfish? asking to much? i dont think i am

• suzieque
    13 years ago

Francis - have you always had severe self-respect issues? Because you surely have them now if you think that the behavior you're reporting is Ok or think that you might be asking too much. Um, no.

Here is my take on this:

- he isn't divorced from his other wife nor does he have any intention of divorcing her
    - his trips and time with you have been nothing other than an affair; he's cheating on his wife with you
    - he got you an apartment and paid the rent? Refer to the other 2 bullets
    - you're either blind or don't want to believe this. Or intensely naive

Do your 4 children live in the apartment with you? What do you do for money if you no longer work? How old are your children? Are you on public assistance or is your boyfriend (aka to you as husband) paying support for the whole family? How often does he visit you and how long does he stay?

Where does your family live? Do they know any of this? Are you in contact with them and have a relationship with them? You, my dear, are the person this man is (or was) having an affair with. You are not the wife.

Open your eyes - please! And for goodness sake, stop having children.

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kids r 11, 10, 7 and 1... all from my x husband who doesnt pay support. im no longer able to have children. i got to school and live off that, well now i do. i got all the assistance law allows, but no babysitting help even from state. its out of funding.

of course my kids r with me, we, meaning me n kids live together always did. he doesnt really see me anymore feels like it. says has alot going on, and thats true... but ya a "wife" should b whats going on and isnt. maby his brain had a fart, or changed his mind. his plan or mine, i dont see either ending well. and i dont have the heart to lie for years to come, i hate lieing.. im real bad at it. n if anyone is gona get cought in a lie, it WILL happen to me.
    pretty crappy deal, when i was like ok whatever stay, all the time with me, and now its like where r u, n i get ill b where im at excuse, or dont question me. yes sadly im somewhat nieve.

i was secluded from world till i was 25, so all this bad stuff is new to me. had no idea people could lie like that and hurt each other. my fam and i arent close, i left when i was young, alcoholic dad problems and been w my x for abt 12 years. and that kinda shot me out of the family. im a very nice person, always willing to help. but seem only people that get by well lie doing it. n ya, its a mess, and im abt done with it. im not bull@#%& and deserve better. but im certainly not looking for it. i dont need another man to come into our lives and f things up...again

• suzieque
    13 years ago

Good for you. Now listen - do you have a marriage license? A marriage certificate? If you've been married before, you know that those are documents that are created when you get married. Do those exist for this marriage? I am, again, guessing not, because I don't think you're really married (you may think you are, but you're not, in my opinion).

If you DO have those, get yourself to a lawyer immediately. Or at least to family court.

S

• asolo
    13 years ago

"...only people that get by well lie doing it."

This is wrong to the point of being delusional -- a gross over-statement. And I don't see that lying to anyone about anything would help in any event.

No money except via school loans. No friends. No family. Can't work. Doesn't drive. State exhausted funds. Four kids under twelve. However, husband(?) paying for apartment and other support along the way. Except for that, you appear to be more-or-less destitute...unless there's more to this story.

Given these circumstances I'm not sure antagonizing the provider is the way to go. If he ever decides to discontinue support, things are going to be worse. Married or not, mistreated or not, there's only one place ANY support is coming from right now and there's nothing else on the horizon. Might want to tread lightly as opposed to trying to straighten him out. Regardless of your feelings about the injustice of it all or what you "deserve", according to your description this is all you've got. And it appears to be hanging by a thread. What you've got is better than being on the street, I think you would agree.

School loans are not for family support. That's most likely coming back to bite you.

"...goin to school online..."
    "...in school working my way to being a nurse..."

Nursing degrees earned on-line these days? I must be out of touch.

• amyfiddler
    13 years ago

Francis, I know you had a bad counseling experience, but if your story is accurate you desperately need some professional help to sort through your history. Your original counselor was a pastor. I recommend someone with a therapy degree.

Good luck.

• finedreams
    13 years ago

I take it he left you for his exwife.

You have a 1-year-old and you've been with your supposedly husband for a year? how is it possible? it is not his child, right?

• suzieque
    13 years ago

Finedreams, all that means is that there is a year and 9 months that she may not have been with her ex - her baby's father She could've met the new guy around the time that she gave birth to the other guy's child. It's entirely possible.

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

yes alot of basic college level courses and pre req's can be done online, 2 yrs of that and abt 1 1/2 yrs of nursing program. however the program isnt online.

• asolo
    13 years ago

OK, then....at least 3 1/2 years between now and a paycheck. How likely do you think it is that husband(?) will support you that long? Where you live do they have churches, community assistance services, etc., etc. that you could apply to? How close to the edge are you? Your posts make it sound like husbands(?) support is all there is. Do I have that right?

It seems to me that between current situation as you've described it and the loans you've taken and will likely continue to take, you've got a long road and a tough nut. You're going to need help. What are your possible options? Can you move someplace where there are more/better options?

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lol, options are no longer a part of life. states assistance is very limited and getting less n less as the months go by. Yes it will take time, but i gotto start somewhere. I cant do anything with a 9$ an hr job, cant use it for food or rent or anything, its not even enough for daycare, so i have to do something better.

• asolo
    13 years ago

"I cant do anything with a 9$ an hr job, cant use it for food or rent or anything..."

Don't understand this. Why not?

What will you do for support between now and then if support from husband(?) disappears?

That is why I asked about non-governmental services and/or moving to someplace where more may be available. I don't think I understand what you're living on now except for school-loans and husband(?). Perhaps you're better off than I'm understanding.

"...i have to do something better."

Agreed. But you've described no particular skill-set or anything else you have to bring to the employment table....except, possibly, in 3 1/2 years if/when you become a nurse. That's a long time. On one hand you say you have no options. On the other hand you "have to start somewhere." Don't understand by what magic you're going to be able to survive in the interim. Apparently I'm missing something.

"...am i selfish? asking to much? i dont think i am..."

Asking of whom? To a great extent, the answer depends on whether one is doing the providing or the receiving. Everything you need has to come from somebody else. With no options and no apparent end in sight, those doing the providing may say that is a bit much, actually.

• finedreams
    13 years ago

His family don't know about you because you are not married. He is with his wife. You aren't allowed to call or text because he is married. And how do you end up with 4 kids at 28! no job, no skills, no education, no child support and affair with a married man. You need professional help ASAP. You mus break the vicious cycle for the sake of your children.

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

because of daycare costs of 4 children. i wasnt gonna stay w my x who tryd to kill me, kids or no kids. money or not. cany move out of state via court order for both parents. i was married 10 years, its easy to have 4 kids. daycare is 30$ a day minimum perchild, 50 for baby. multiply that by 5 days a week and tell me if the enire check is even enough for daycare costs, muchless anything else.

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Im not asking for money, that was never a question. An education is key for a dependable career. All the hardships during are a part of getting there, and its fo me and the children. sitting at a dead job that fires you bcuz of no sitter isnt gona make us survive. I need to make the money and deal with whatever comes along to get there.
    Single mom, as I guess I am, has to just keep moving forward. Its quite rude to say

"how do you have 4 children at 28?"

Most who thought they were in a stable relationship often do, but things happen and people change. And I very well cant depend on someone else to do everything for me so I have to pave my own way. This post had nothing to do with money really yet it has become the center of attention.

Everyone is defferent, brought up different, treated different and from different backgrounds and have different beliefs. I was hoping for some words of wisdom, constructive critisism, or just a friend to talk to. Ive clearly come to the wrong place. Everyone in the world would rather pick u apart and tell u whats wrong but no one wants to stand up and tell what you can do, could do, and just b a friend. Its cool.

I guess this was expected.
    Clearly changing the past isnt an option, and I told u so's arent helpful either. Everyone has made mistakes...everyone.. im certain im not the only one, least I want to do something about it.

• asolo
    13 years ago

"This post had nothing to do with money really yet it has become the center of attention."

It has become so because you don't seem to get it even though you've described yourself as being in dire straights. Everyone else can see it in moments but you seem to be oblivious. You've described a living situation supported by nothing other than loans, state assistance, and maybe an absentee husband(?) having no employment options yourself. And, you say, no assistance options. And, you say, questionable hope of continued support from absentee husband(?) who is quite ill. And you intend to go to school for 3 1/2 years before you see another paycheck yourself, by which time you'll have a substantial debt to repay. Have you got a wad saved up somewhere you haven't yet spoken of?

Anybody here think this isn't about money? It's about somebody else paying your way for a damned long time while you get educated/qualified enough to feed yourself. Love and pats on the head aren't going to pay your rent. Somebody's going to be doing that for you......with MONEY.

"Im not asking for money, that was never a question."

Another amazing statement after all you've posted.

"An education is key for a dependable career."

Many think so. That, again, must be PAID for by somebody else because you don't have any MONEY.

"....no one wants to stand up and tell what you can do, could do..."

A number of us have, but you've ignored everything that's been offered. I think you're quite lost.

I agree with amyfiddler. You need a qualified counselor or coach there, on-site, to help you sort things out. I hope you find the help you need.

• francis1111
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Most that go thru school have loans, this is normal. and i know im not the only mama out there with the just her n kids situaton, he aint paying my rent, he did like twice and had to stop work, never the less that dont matter. as just moment go by i grow more and more away from it, as i had hoped.

There never was much money comin from my husband. I always paid my own way since ive been on my own. and yes, there are bumps in the road but after the "incident of feb" its a wonder im still here, but im not giving up.

Ill likely do it on my own. These loans r so small its cheaper than car insurance. they dont charge till 6 mos after your done schooling. havent went to a bank, oh no. those r torture.

/////i thought i cared about what me and my husband " had:

• finedreams
    13 years ago

"Clearly changing the past isnt an option, and I told u so's arent helpful either."

I agree, but my point was that you continue making very strange choices. You have an affair with a married man, OK you didn't know he is married, now you do, but instead of getting out of it you are concerned why aren't you allowed to call his house or his family does not know about you. Why do you worry about that at all?

And my point about kids was that unless you have education and career why are you having kids, are you going to stop?

You just seem to be confused, lost and maybe somewhat delusional. If you truly do have marriage license then your so called husband practices polygamy. And why are you still married then? Your marriage could be annulled due to bigamy situation.

Why aren't you seeing a lawyer? He and you rented a place but he is not paying his part? Whose name on a lease? Only yours right? Why? That's not what married people do.

You got to go see a professional, I don't know how you can raise children when you are in such state of confusion.

Why aren't you applying for state assistance and child support??? And yes many people in stable relations have children but not unless they have education and career. I don't know anyone with 4 children at 28, and no means to support themselves.

You want constructive? File for child support, file for divorce or if you are not married separate yourself from affair with married men, ask your family for help, ask for state assistance, use reliable birth control or stay away from men for awhile.

• asolo
    13 years ago

"Ill likely do it on my own."

Delusions of independence. You are inarguably incapable of doing any such thing by temperament as well as by circumstance. You are receiving support from others and you'll be needing more. A lot more, for a long time.

I encourage you to do everything you can to reach your goal. By all means obtain all the assistance you can in order to achieve it. However, you're no more "on your own" than any other welfare mom. If you insist upon acknowledgement and praise for being "on your own" as well as encouragement and support otherwise, I think just about everybody's going to tell you to go fish. Nothing burns up good will faster than unrealistic expectations and an entitlement attitude.

• catlettuce
    13 years ago

Look Francis,
    I'm going to tell you something a bit personal in hopes you will take it & find some use.

I found myself at 20 yr.s old a single mother by way of poor life decisions. Not to say I regret it just the way I went about it. I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be with 4.

My advice (take it, leave it, it's up to you) Go on welfare, use your student loans for school. I had to go on welfare for 2 yr.s and I got grants to pay for nursing school & they even paid for my uniforms & daycare which was on site at the college. Most colleges have this set up now. Yes, it was humiliating to go on welfare but I had to suck it up and do something to get the means to support my kid. It was great to go to the welfare office 2 weeks after graduation and un-sign myself from benefits becuase I had a job that paid well-right out of school :0)

A humbling experience, for sure.

It's not often I'd advise someone to go on welfare but in this case you need to do something to get the ball rolling. Meet with your student advisor make a plan & do it, and if you need to start with a 1 yr rogram like xray tech or surgical tech, you'll then be able to support yourself and get a job with benefits & health insurance and likely tuition reimbursement to finish up your degree while working, if you work for the VA they will pay you to finish your degree while you work on school breaks/holidays, leaving you the time to complete studies.

Apply for section 8 housing assistance and just ditch this married man and focus on nothing but school & your kids. It will fly by I promise you.

It was so hard studying and such but my friends helped me by watching my son when I had a big test to study for and you will be surprised how people pitch in to help when they see you determined to better yourself.

Even though I have made many crap decisions regarding men since one thing I always knew was I would always be able to support mysef & my kid, and I could live where ever I chose because there are ill people everywhere! Financially I am able to live a decent life and was able to provide a decent standard of living for my kid too.

~Cat

• finedreams
    13 years ago

if you've been married for 12 years and have 4 young children not only you qualify for substantial child support but also alimony/spousal support. Unless of course you weren't really married to your first "husband" either.

If your baby is 1 year old and you had an affair with a married man for a year, when did you have time to divorce your first husband? When was divorce final? And where is your exhusband?

• suzieque
    13 years ago

finedreams, again, she could've divorced/left her first husband any time after she was impregnated with the last child. That could've been a year and almost 9 months ago. Why do you keep thinking that she was with her now ex-husband (babydaddy) when the last baby was born?

• asolo
    13 years ago

Perhaps more to the point.....what difference does it make? Man #1 is gone. Man #2 is gone, ill, and only marginally supportive. Except for various welfare programs it really doesn't matter much what she may be "qualified" for, does it? Even if she could afford afford attorneys and courts costs and was successful, she would have that additional debt, not money in her pocket. Attaining a judgement in one's favor is one thing. Collecting it is quite another. You all know the stories. Being vindicated and/or upheld doesn't buy any groceries.

The task is here and now. Even with the four children and her dire situation financially, she does seem committed to moving on. However she seems not to grasp that moving ahead will take substantial and continued support (money) from some source. From her description, I don't see that either of these men will represent any hope for her that way. Could be wrong, but I surely don't see it from here.

Seems to me the sources will have to be government and/or private agencies. Short of a sugar-daddy, there isn't anything else.

• finedreams
    13 years ago

suzieque, I don't care what she was doing, divorcing or marrying or making babies and who is the father. my point is that she jumps from men to men awfully fast with no time in between, always bad idea. a baby is a year, knows a man for a year etc managed to get divorced etc

I think asolo it does make a difference to look at her history, hanging on to a man is her life style, # 1 is no good (no child support?) # 2 is married. taking this history in consideration the next step is to find # 3. and that's what's going to happen, unfortunately.

• asolo
    13 years ago

Um....she did say: "...i dont need another man..."

And she said she can't have any more kids.

I've refrained from commenting about her history because everybody already knows what my opinion would be. I'll stand by what I said....the history doesn't matter. Here and now going forward matters. Money matters.

• finedreams
    13 years ago

Um....she did say: "...i dont need another man..."

she also said: "i need him, what do i do?"

her post originally was not about how to get out of difficult predicament but how to get a married guy back.

"Money matters."

It sure does, but where is that money coming from? 4 kids, no child support, guys bail out. I think history does matter. Because of the past history she is just going to repeat it. How do you support that many people on welfare? I personally would go live with mom and dad for awhile and ask my family to help me finish school so I can get on track. She said it is not an option. what else besides finding a new guy?

• asolo
    13 years ago

You're getting amazing again, finedreams. Everything's covered above and in sequence.

She'll either come back or she won't, but I'm done unless she does.

• silversword
    13 years ago

Good advice Cat :)

• scarlett2001
    13 years ago

Things haven't changed much from Medieval times, have they? Women in trouble still look to a man as the answer because the man has $ and also promises emotional support. Well, it's still true.

Section 8 housing waitlists can be years long, welfare is too little and too sporadic and that nursing job is way off on the horizon. Unless Prince Charming is within view, she is kinda screwed.

The only other option is to be really relentless about finding good free counseling that can hook her up with some funding sources which are, sadly, few and far between these days. I would start at the financial aid office of the nursing school and the Career Center. They will try to blow you off but keep coming back until they help you.

• finedreams
    13 years ago

amazing or not LOL, I use logic and common sense, i don't live in a la-la-la land, there are no miracles in real world,

so my advice stays the same, ditch the guys, go on welfare, work, get a grant to go to school. is she going to listen? probably not...

• sephia
    13 years ago

I think Francis is a troll. Who's computer is she (if "she" really is a "she) using? How does someone so destitute afford a computer/cable service? Oh, right, "she" is at the library. But seeing from the timing of "her" posts, the library must be open very late/very early.

Can you say troll?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

I agree. Francis seems to be adding details without thinking about whether they "work" with her story or not (can you say making it up as you go?). She is 28. She was married for 10 years, with ex for 12, left home young, secluded from world until 25, has an 11 year-old, didn't know there was bad stuff in the world, alcoholic father...I am not buying it.

• vala55
    13 years ago

WOW, what a mess.

Sponsored