SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstmmo

Why oh why won't the city issue me a permit to start work???

firstmmo
14 years ago

Can I just rant for a second? I still have no permit to start work on my remodel! My city has been sitting on my plans for almost 4 months now and we have turned in our responses to the comments and I have gone in there weekly, but they can't seem to tell us why we are so stalled.

I have a one story rancher that will stay a one story rancher but with a bigger kitchen, bigger master and a total of 1,000 extra one story space. I am not building a mega-mansion and I am not nearly exceeding my permissable s.f. size (still under it by 1,700 ft!)

If the government/country wants to boost the economy, they should go into these city offices and get the people who work there to get a move on! I have probably 100 people who could be affected by my project, which is a lot of mouths: window builders, flooring manufacturers, carpenters, painters, concrete workers, roofers, the list goes on. Yet TWO people who work in an office in the City have stalled work for every one of those people who will provide materials or service for this modest remodel! It blows my mind. I very much want to purchase items for my remodel and hire people to work--yet I can't yet.

Has anyone experienced this same frustration??? Thanks Gardenweb friends for listening...whew, I feel better now! :)

Comments (4)