SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bowzdins

I hate dressing these windows!!

bowzdins
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This room has literally been driving me crazy! So I had curtains I did not like and took advice here to place my rods above my molding of my atrium windows. That was such a great idea! Here is my dilemma now ( and the pictures do not do them justice.) I cannot place the rods any higher without them being up to the ceiling. Drapes come in either 95" (what I bought) or 108". The 108" would have them really puddling on the floor. Once I put sheers behind them and they are pulled back on each side I really don't mind the 95" that much. I did go with the wrong color. The accent wall is Plum and the rest of the room a sage green. The drape in the photo picks up the Plum but the back color is a grey. So now back to the drawing board to find a neutral color (I don't want to go with a Grey tone since the rods and lighting are a brown tone)

With all that back story said...should I go with a lighter or darker neutral color ( I am bringing a print vs a solid in there) and should I go with the 95" or have them puddle (which may be alot) with the 108"?

I have included the old curtain pic just to show the accent wall color.

This is not finished and doesn't look right. they will look better puled back and with sheers behind them. I don't want to finish the look until I choose the right color and length. ( And I cannot afford custom drapery for this room)

This is same as above but picture came out darker

Below is picture of the old curtains with the accent wall color and then a picture of where the two colors meet.

I am thinking of this color: But they will not fall right at my floor. With the 95" I need 13" and only have about 8" if the rods were moved to the top of the ceiling.

Comments (38)