SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arcy_gw

sheets

arcy_gw
6 years ago

It was requested THAT thread end and I just found it today-no way am I going to read all the comments but I do need to add this perspective. Now imagine you are disabled and you pay triple the standard "housekeeping" pay to have a "trained" helpmate come into your home. You are in a wheelchair, your shoulders are giving out and your bed is made similarly? Your dishes are removed from the dishwasher and placed on upper shelves--not where you told the 'helper' to put them "But there's lots of room up there so I thought they must do there". On and on I could go. Not one 'helper' from one agency by many many helpers from several agencies!!!! We have a SERIOUS problem with unskilled, labor in this country. It may be their IQ, it may be their work ethic, it may be their lack of a moral compass...but THAT is what I was thinking about when I read about the miss made bed. There is a gal in my town who every other month is advertising for a helper. She has obviously discovered these agencies are CRAP and is trying to take matters into her own hands--which probably foregoes the help of third party pay. Why is it sooo difficult to find manual labor, who will SHOW UP and respect the job, the employer, and the place of work!?

Comment